Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

1st Year Shared House!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting Plymouth in Sept! Civil and Coastal Engineering with Foundation.

I'm traveling in the summer and it could be difficult for me to arrange a place to live if I didn't get into halls.

Was wondering if there is anyone who's been in this situation who knows how hard it is to arrange a place to live on short notice?

Also, do any 1st years want to arrange a shared house??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not hard to find accommodation, you can ring up the accommodation office before hand and they can sort something out for you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    say for example i didnt get into halls.. would i need to actually go down to plymouth to get a house sorted out? Or could i ring them up and ask for specific details etc...?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyJayneL)
    It's not hard to find accommodation, you can ring up the accommodation office before hand and they can sort something out for you
    Well it's possible that I'll be back in the UK 2 weeks before I have to start uni, how easy would arranging accommodation be in that time span?

It wouldn't leave me in the most undesirable housing either would it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes accommodation will be able to help then.
    You'll also find it useful looking through the facebook groups for plymouth uni freshers 2012, there is ALWAYS people constantly posting about having spare rooms in houses and that's up till around christmas. You'll be fine!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I want to move into a shared house with a group of first years and I will be attending the open days set aside to meet people who are in a similar situation I am doing a Primary Education course

This website explains it all:

http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/accommoda...nd-a-Home.aspx

Hope this is useful
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's all very useful but I'm not going to be around in August, I'm going traveling!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I suppose you could call up or alternatively get to know people on here and i'm sure there will still be spaces in shared housing for when you come to Plymouth
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's pretty much my plan, I'm confident I'll have somethign sorted!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.