Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Housemate's affair

Announcements Posted on

Hey,

Basically my house mate (20) is having an affair with a married man (40+). Not only is this completely immoral and a bad thing to do, but it keeps me and my other housemates up, especially when he pops round at 3/4 in the morning and the two of them are going at it. I was trying to revise this afternoon and all I could hear was non-stop creaking from the floor above. To cut a long story short, I am massively sick of it, especially when she's moaning about worrying about not having done enough work for exams then half an hour later he's coming over for an afternoon ****. She stayed at his house not so long ago while his wife was away in their bed. It's absolutely horrendous and I have no idea what to do about it. We got on really well last year when we weren't living together and now I have just lost all respect for her.

What would you do about it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what to say really. Its a messed up situation but I dont think you can do anything about the whole affair thing because to be fair its their business. However you could to talk to her about the noise issue? Tell her that the noise is keeping everyone up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ergh i would hate to be in that situation.

You have the constant battle over what to do.

i would suggest talking to your friend and trying to get her to see sense?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely try to get some evidence, then PM me for details on how to best blackmail them both
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubs_ski)
    Definitely try to get some evidence, then PM me for details on how to best blackmail them both
    This haha!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    That guy is a LAD :laugh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to stop being so childish and ruining his Wife's life. You should tell his wife.
    It's disgusting.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not just join in the fun?

How am I supposed to get evidence, apart from his car parked outside the house there's not really anything.

Tell them to stop being so childish and ruining his Wife's life. You should tell his wife.
    It's disgusting.
    This would be so easy to do - I had in moments of madness thought about it but I don't think I could.

Why not just join in the fun?
    I'm not into men and I sure as hell don't find my housemate attractive(!)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was you I'd just mention to her that it's annoying how your getting woken up all the time and your trying to revise but can't becaus of the noise and just tell her to quieter! Then if she says "well we can't go to his " reply with "yeah and there's a reason for it!"
    Hope it works out, or have like a house meeting?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is only one solution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	779_jeremy_kyle_342x2621.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	146944
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    A catalogue of photos showing his car outside your house over many days would be enough evidence to land him in the ****.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    A catalogue of photos showing his car outside your house over many days would be enough evidence to land him in the ****.
    This

He is having an affair, he is bound to get defensive and would eventually just give himself away if you showed this evidence to his unlucky wife. Again on the blackmail side of it, i have many many ideas so feel free to pm me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Its got absolutely nothing to do with you.

Keep your nose out of other people's business.

Thats my two cents worth, anyway.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whilst part of me thinks it's none of anyone else's business that they are (or he, as your flatmate really has no responsibility to his relationship) having an affair, there's part of me that would feel the bastard needs to be shown for what he is to his poor wife.

The op isn't going to do this though. That would land them in the poo with the flatmate.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Whilst part of me thinks it's none of anyone else's business that they are (or he, as your flatmate really has no responsibility to his relationship) having an affair, there's part of me that would feel the bastard needs to be shown for what he is to his poor wife.

The op isn't going to do this though. That would land them in the poo with the flatmate.
    Nobody likes a cockblock.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

Basically my house mate (20) is having an affair with a married man (40+). Not only is this completely immoral and a bad thing to do, but it keeps me and my other housemates up, especially when he pops round at 3/4 in the morning and the two of them are going at it. I was trying to revise this afternoon and all I could hear was non-stop creaking from the floor above. To cut a long story short, I am massively sick of it, especially when she's moaning about worrying about not having done enough work for exams then half an hour later he's coming over for an afternoon ****. She stayed at his house not so long ago while his wife was away in their bed. It's absolutely horrendous and I have no idea what to do about it. We got on really well last year when we weren't living together and now I have just lost all respect for her.

What would you do about it?
    Judge not lest you be judged, for the immoral and their bed part.
    For the rest of it too work out, you have to actually speak to her about it, jeez!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    40 and scoring a 20 year old... winning at life. (however loose his morals)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Nobody likes a cockblock.
    Bovverd?

I find it hard not to get annoyed with such piggish behaviour.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave them be. It's not your business. If the noise is that annoying just ask them to keep it down. Aside from that let them both get hurt from the ordeal.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.