Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it cool to wear a sweatshirt?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is it that there the majority of male students are wearing these retro mickey mouse sweatshirts from Topman or River Island? I see college, uni students and yp wearing the same designs. There has to be a greater choice or is it just they're dirt cheap?

I want something different so I don't feel I've just turned up at an event only to find 4 people wearing the same shirt. :mad:

I have been on the Internet to see what, if any sweatshirts celebrities are wearing. Not easy to find. I want something different other than ebay can anyone recommend a shop or website to get something like a vintage, sport or classic design.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baggy red umbro.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	146693  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    no
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    omg yes you will be the envy of all your peers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not an Umbro one :lolwut:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They are a bit 'old skool', maybe that's the attraction...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy one so bar Topman, River Island or JD sports are there any shops/vintage stores I can go to in Mcr, Sheffield, Chester, Leeds or Liverpool where should I be looking?

I want something I can hang out down the student union, pub or lectures. Something different that mates will say "where did you get your sweatshirt from?" or "cool sweatshirt."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casius)
    Yes
    What brand of sweatshirt do you wear? and would you wear them with jeans or trekkies?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancabouttown)
    I'm looking to buy one so bar Topman, River Island or JD sports are there any shops/vintage stores I can go to in Mcr, Sheffield, Chester, Leeds or Liverpool where should I be looking?

I want something I can hang out down the student union, pub or lectures. Something different that mates will say "where did you get your sweatshirt from?" or "cool sweatshirt."
    Go to ASOS or Urban Outfitters.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RolyBholi)
    Not an Umbro one :lolwut:
    If you saw me walking in front of you in this with trekkies what would your first thoughts be about my dress sense?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Babe magnet
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought you meant cool as in the weather!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First impressions count and this is often reflected in the clothes they wear. May be this is where I'm going wrong. I'm a sporty person that goes running, swimming and work outs out regularly. Apart from a suit and a few flash clubbing shirts, I find myself wearing nineties baggy sweatshirts and trekkies during the day.

Any tips on what sort of clothes guys wear that make you think he has style?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    no
    What's wrong with sweatshirts? They go with anything & given the recent capricious weather, would come in handy? Whilst they may not be the number one stylish item in ones wardrobe, they are versatile.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you saw me walking in front of you in this with trekkies what would your thoughts be and why?

I'm open to ideas and trying different styles
    I'd think you were either a chav or sporty and hadn't had time to change from a training session, because Umbro isn't 'cool' or fashionable.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's cool
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RolyBholi)
    I'd think you were either a chav or sporty and hadn't had time to change from a training session, because Umbro isn't 'cool' or fashionable.
    Ok. I take you're point. I'm not a 'chav', but I want to try and smarten up. I'm not saying I'm going to have a clearout. I'll still wear it (not as much and in a certain place), but sense that I may need to change. maybe a venck, shirt & jeans. What sort of dress sense do you look for in a guy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I take you're point. I'm not a 'chav', but take your point. I want to try and smarten up. I'm not saying I'm going to have a clearout. I'll still wear it (not as much and in a certain place), but sense that I may need to change. maybe a venck, shirt & jeans. What sort of dress sense do you look for in a guy?
    My personal taste in dress sense on a guy is either smart-casual or indie, and I quite like the whole checked shirt craze.

You should dress according to your personality, though. Like, say if you were a chav, you'd look a bit odd dressed smart casual for your everyday fashion sense because it wouldn't match your personality. People who dress smartly often have a corresponding personality. Just saying, if you wear something that 'isn't you', you'll probably feel uncomfortable.
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    only if you are swole.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have one of these pull and bear sweatshirts and I wear a shirt under it usually. It's just something a bit different to a jumper

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 10, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.