Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If I gave you £2500 to spend on travelling..

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where would you go? What would you see? and What would you do?
    There are 2 rules:

- Where ever you decide to go, it has to be for a minimum of three weeks
    -The amount includes everything - All flights/accomodation/food/tickets etc.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would hitch hike to Amsterdam, blow it all on booze and hookers, and hitch hike back.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If I was cheeky then I would travel by bus and then walk to the other side of the street and travel back keeping the change from the £2500 :ahee:

But nah I would probably travel to America and then trek to Canada or something epic. Maybe visit Vegas a long the way try get to some decent movie premiere events. Maybe I would try visit Japan as well.

Japan is cooooool.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Get a plane ticket to America/Canada, trek around in some whimsical wannabe road trip in true thrifty style.
    Then if there's any money left try to get to Australia and live there for a while seeing as I have an Australian passport but have never been.
    V idealistic, but hey.

Another option, as everyone else is mentioning too, is generally hitchhiking around Europe.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    oh minimum of 3 weeks
    3 nights is over 1000 where i wanna go
    i want to go see the northern lights and stay in the ice hotel !
    x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kayaking down the Yukon in the summer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would fly to South America, buy a cheap motorbike (bout £350) and drive through Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Colombia etc.. until I ran out of money! Sell the bike and cry the whole way back home!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does "Europe" count as one place?
    If so I'd do a grand European party tour of Amsterdam, Hamburg, Berlin and Prague.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either a road trip across America (honestly not sure where I'd go - it's not something I've extensively planned!) New York and Yellowstone are musts on that though. Or, I'd do some combo of Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia and that area generally... Basically, I'd get outside of Europe finally!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    I would hitch hike to Amsterdam, blow it all on booze and hookers, and hitch hike back.
    This. Exactly this. :teehee:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'd invest in bonds and blue chip shares
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to go anywhere for 3 weeks with that money (as a student anyway)

I went to Ibiza for a week and spent 500 spending which wasn't nearly enough and we had to cram it all in, it's so hectic out there.
    2500 would be perfect, Ibiza rocks with great view of stage would leave about 1250 quid or so to spend on the rest of the holiday..... ahhh thats not enough.

Ok i'll go to australia, screw the 3 weeks i'll change my ID and disappear.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brad0712)
    It's hard to go anywhere for 3 weeks with that money (as a student anyway)

I went to Ibiza for a week and spent 500 spending which wasn't nearly enough and we had to cram it all in, it's so hectic out there.
    2500 would be perfect, Ibiza rocks with great view of stage would leave about 1250 quid or so to spend on the rest of the holiday..... ahhh thats not enough.

Ok i'll go to australia, screw the 3 weeks i'll change my ID and disappear.
    Ibiza is grossly over priced though. When travelling you wont be paying £50 to get into a nightclub every other night.

2.5k should be enough to go and see a lot of Europe or you could target a couple of further out places, that wont cost a bomb.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would travel to Germany.
    I love Germany :3
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    One and a half weeks in New York, living the high life and staying the the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square...before jetting off to Dubai and staying in the Burj Al Arab, baking myself in the sun,
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to the USA for aa week to go tornado chasing then go to Malia to spend whats left.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, how amazing!!
    I would go on a 80day trip round the whole of africa (Staying in this big van and camping out a lot! staying in a lodge the odd time)
    then I would spend the rest and spend a year volunteering in Tanzania or ghana in the orphanage!!
    god that money would be amazing, my dream is to do what i said above ^^ just need to get money!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably head up to Doncaster
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Round tickets to Hong Kong and cheapest apartment available(they have some which can be rented for a month) - that'd be around 1000. I would just walk around the town eating food at different restaurants/food courts. I'd spend about 500 at food alone.
    If I had any money left I'd visit Macau, Guangzhou (and few other larger towns in neighboorhood) and Taiwan.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    fly to beijing, get the fast train down to shanghai, then hangzhou...spend 2 weeks in hangzhou chilling out and trying to win money off old ladies by beating them at majiang then take said winnings to macau and see how lucky I am at the blackjack table

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.