Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The Lord God - a paedophile?

Announcements Posted on
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, Mary, the mother of Jesus, was 12 when the Lord came upon her/Jesus was born? Is this true?

In short, she was younger than 16?

If so, the Lord God is deemed a paedophile, no?

What are your thoughts on this?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it was something like 14-16, which was the traditional age of marriage, plus it was a virgin birth so there wasn't actually any intercourse involved.
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    Life expectancy was much lower then, so people married (and died) much earlier :yes:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that the immaculate conception was received as a gift - a bit like when in a dream the ancient Egyptian god Knef pressed the Ankh against the lips of Queen Mut before she bore the child saviour.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmj)
    I'd say it was something like 14-16, which was the traditional age of marriage, plus it was a virgin birth so there wasn't actually any intercourse involved.
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Life expectancy was much lower then, so people married (and died) much earlier :yes:
    That's barbaric! I don't care what the life expectancy was! If God were here right now, I'd take him to court! That's illegal!

In our day and age, this is a crime! How dare God bed a young girl who is not of the legal age to consent?!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    That's barbaric! I don't care what the life expectancy was! If God were here right now, I'd take him to court! That's illegal!

In our day and age, this is a crime! How dare God bed a young girl who is not of the legal age to consent?!
    I'm confused as to why you quoted me, since my post was to point out how there was no sexual intercourse involved?
    Thanks
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who this 'God' is but I hope he gets arrested if this is true
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well Mary was 12, and Joseph was in his 90s. I guess God sanctioned that marriage because I doubt he would have brought his only begotten Son into it otherwise.

As for intercourse, wasn't Mary literally impregnated by the Holy Spirit? Many myths and legends have virgins being impregnated by deities.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that's the case. This happened 2000 years ago: society had different morals and expectations back then, so it would have been perfectly acceptable in its time.

I'm not a believer in God, but I know that many Christians believe that God is not a 'being' like humans or animals, so that alone changes your argument.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmj)
    I'm confused as to why you quoted me, since my post was to point out how there was no sexual intercourse involved?
    Thanks
    So He used IVF instead? That's still barbaric and illegal - a young underage girl was still impregnated by a grown man (everlasting years old)!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    If God were here right now, I'd take him to court! That's illegal!
    This isn't to do with the thread but you could watch 'God on Trial'. The full movie is on youtube. It's quite interesting
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Already been done I'm afraid. You're 11 years too late.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So He used IVF instead? That's still barbaric and illegal - a young underage girl was still impregnated by a grown man (everlasting years old)!
    It wasn't IVF. The Bible doesn't tell us quite how Mary got pregnant, but there's no hint of anything sexual there.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Well Mary was 12, and Joseph was in his 90s. I guess God sanctioned that marriage because I doubt he would have brought his only begotten Son into it otherwise.

As for intercourse, wasn't Mary literally impregnated by the Holy Spirit? Many myths and legends have virgins being impregnated by deities.
    Mary was 12 and Joseph was old, but God - God was already a bazillion by then! He is one sick old man. I hope the celestial cops catch up with him real soon.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

1) god (if it existed) isnt human so i dont think the definition of a paedophile can apply.

2) there wasnt any sex involved

3) you're judging it by today's morals and laws. The middle east 2012 years ago was a different place where life expectancy was low so having families at such a young age was normal as it meant your genes had a greater chance of being passed on.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Note the 'In our day and age' :rolleyes:

Thus, the law etc was very different then...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man, u sure are going to hell for even thinking abt it
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    The age of consent isn't the same everywhere though. It's 13 in Spain and 14 in Italy.

At one time in England it was 10.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    like seriously?? 12?? no thats so wrong. No where in the bible mentioned how old mary was when Jesus was given birth to. Also, joseph wasn't in his 90's but he was slightly older than her. Christianity is against pedophiliac acts unlike satanism so all what has been said is wrong. Check the bible if you want proof. Luke 1: 26-35!
Updated: May 11, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.