The Student Room Group

Worried that he thinks something is going to happen.

I'm going on holiday next month with my best friend (who's a guy) and I'm really looking forward to it. However, ever since we booked it he's been acting weird and been saying some stuff like 'I can't wait to show you off on holiday!' Comments like that have made me think that he's thinking something might happen when we're away. I've made it quite clear that we're just friends (he tried it on with me when we first met) and that we're just going away to relax after exams but I don't know what he's thinking!
Do you think it's weird that he's said stuff like this or am I just blowing it out of proportion??
Reply 1
Might as well get with him.
Reply 2
Original post by Amy_505
I'm going on holiday next month with my best friend (who's a guy) and I'm really looking forward to it. However, ever since we booked it he's been acting weird and been saying some stuff like 'I can't wait to show you off on holiday!' Comments like that have made me think that he's thinking something might happen when we're away. I've made it quite clear that we're just friends (he tried it on with me when we first met) and that we're just going away to relax after exams but I don't know what he's thinking!
Do you think it's weird that he's said stuff like this or am I just blowing it out of proportion??

Pun intended?

Also, yes, is the answer to your question.
Reply 3
You've been naive young Skywalker.
Reply 4
He'll probably say that the hotel accidentally have given a double room when he (allegedly) ordered a room with singles.
Reply 5
Yes
Reply 6
Don't really need to let it get in the way of you having a good time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just tell him you're looking forward to hooking up with loads of foreign guys on holiday
Reply 8
Original post by Zerforax
He'll probably say that the hotel accidentally have given a double room when he (allegedly) ordered a room with singles.

Classic romcom plotline. I hope he does this. And then you two get busy. Pics or GTFO, btw
Reply 9
Original post by Planar
Classic romcom plotline. I hope he does this. And then you two get busy. Pics or GTFO, btw

I know a girl who fell for this. She's now been with the guy for a couple of years.
Reply 10
OK let me get this straight...

1) He's a straight guy
2) Has tried it on before
3) Just the two of you are off on holiday.

And yet you're saying you "don't know what he's thinking"?

Are you that dense?
Reply 11
If you don't want to lead him on then why agree to going on holiday with him?

Also I get the feeling he is paying for the holiday too. Is this true?

Cancel it asap (imo) because its going to be super awkward!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Christ alive, it continues to boggle my mind how just one off hand comment a guy can make can send a girl into a spiral of thoughts that do, in most cases, lead to it being blown way of proportion.

Having said that.. it is a weird comment. Get drunk around him and see if Mr. Hands has a scout about! That'll tell you whether he's still got a 21 gun salute lined up for yah!
Perhaps you should propose to invite other friends along and see how he reacts
Reply 14
Okay, I get the point. It's just me being stupid!!

Also, Mancboy this isn't true. I've paid for myself just like he's paid for himself!!

Original post by MancBoy
If you don't want to lead him on then why agree to going on holiday with him?

Also I get the feeling he is paying for the holiday too. Is this true?

Cancel it asap (imo) because its going to be super awkward!
To be fair I wouldn't go on holiday alone with a female mate unless there was something more there.
Original post by Amy_505

You are either a bitch or an idiot. I suspect the latter is true.

Why are you torturing this guy? Do you enjoy the power?
(edited 11 years ago)
Classic denial of female agency by the OP. She's performing a blushing maiden role - but we all know she's not that idiotic. She wants to be taken by him but doesn't want a shred of accountability for this inevitable event. Unfortunately for him, even if he does fulfill her opaque wishes, she really desires to be taken more roughly and preferably by Yorgis and Manuel and not the nice Darren Boy from Andover she's talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending