The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i get jealous.... i wish i was one... i wna be getin A*'s in GCSE and A's in A levels!!

Definition:
somebody awkward: somebody who is considered unattractive and socially awkward (insult)

oh sh*t... i jus looked it up in the dictionary... i dont wna be a geek !! lol
but i dont mind getting good grades though!:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2
Someone who is intelligent and obsessive about something (doesn't necessarily have to be academic, either).
Reply 3
I'm a syntax nerd; but I'm also the most socially proficient (albeit neither prolific nor pro-active) individual you'd be apt to meet.
Reply 4
Someone who is very academic but lacks social skills.
Profesh
I'm a syntax nerd; but I'm also the most socially proficient (albeit neither prolific nor pro-active) individual you'd be apt to meet.

What happened to the doctrine of self-depreciation huh?
Reply 6
I wouldn't be classed as a 'geek, but 'geeks' are usually hardworking people. I'd rather be friends with a 'geek' than a chav to be honest - the 'geek' is usually the nicer, more interesting person. They have interests beyond squealing "oh he's fit!" at some guy walking down the corridor, getting drunk in the park on a Friday night and dressing like sluts.

I judge by personality. If a stereoptypical geek wanted to be friends with me and I liked them, I wouldn't judge them by their popularity status.
Reply 7
englishstudent
What happened to the doctrine of self-depreciation huh?

It graciously 'ceded before the doctrine of factual, empirical observation. :wink:
Reply 8
WelshBoy
what are your thoughts of when the word "geek" is mentioned? What is your opinion of what a geek is?

I love geeks!!! Gorgeous geeks with ruffled hair and glasses ooozing with inteligence!:love:
Reply 9
Root
I love geeks!!! Gorgeous geeks with ruffled hair and glasses ooozing with inteligence!:love:

If by 'intelligence' you mean sebum and/or a white, viscous fluid, then TSR aims to please.
Reply 10
Profesh
It graciously 'ceded before the doctrine of factual, empirical observation. :wink:

Jus noticed the little thingy under your name. Did you know that in old English language "th" was pronounced as a "y" and "y" as a "th" so they never said "thou" they said "you". Also; "ye" was "the" as it is today!
Reply 11
Profesh
If by 'intelligence' you mean sebum and/or a white, viscous fluid, then TSR aims to please.

huh:confused:

Edit: I get you...kind of.
Reply 12
He probably does
Reply 13
I prefer the word nerd. I would be a nerd over a geek. Nerd just sounds less insulting.
geeks are sexy!! :biggrin:
Geeks are awesome.
Reply 16
lozzyjay
geeks are sexy!! :biggrin:

Then I even suck at being a geek.
Reply 17
So what's the difference between a

Geek and Nerd ?
Reply 18
I feel there must be a distinction between geeks, nerds and dorks.

Geeks are just really obsessive about something, Nerds are sad in general or have what are perceived to be 'uncool' interests and Dorks are general weirdos, usually quite sarcastic.

I must confess to being all three at times :biggrin: Well actually, no, all the time :laugh:
Reply 19
I'd class myself as a geek, I take it more as a compliment than a insult as well when people call it me.

"I'm not a geek, look I have an equation that prooves it!"

Latest

Trending

Trending