The Student Room Group

Reading AQA Additional Science CGP books helpful?

For science I'm on the AQA board and am sitting the higher level additional science exam. I bought a revision guide for this exam a while ago.

I've seen a few people say reading the guide helps a lot a few days before the exam but whenever I read it, I understand it and I feel as though I'll just read it and forget it.

So basically all the information you read in the guide, do you actually remember it or find yourself forgetting? How many chapters, pages do you recommend reading per day?

Thank you,
Reply 1
Original post by Magenta96
For science I'm on the AQA board and am sitting the higher level additional science exam. I bought a revision guide for this exam a while ago.

I've seen a few people say reading the guide helps a lot a few days before the exam but whenever I read it, I understand it and I feel as though I'll just read it and forget it.

So basically all the information you read in the guide, do you actually remember it or find yourself forgetting? How many chapters, pages do you recommend reading per day?

Thank you,

I used these books and they helped me get a good grade! I'd recommend trying to copy notes out of the book as that will you to remember it. (:
The AQA books are very useful I know the person who created them he is a grumpy chicken
Reply 3
CGP books are amazing! I love the humour they use :smile:
In my summer holidays, as nerdy as you may consider me, I was studying for science and I would usually do about two pages. The way I try remembering things is by breaking it down. Try learning them bits by bits, off by heart and then go through the whole page :smile: It's actually really quite useful and makes it a lot easier.
I would say they are pretty useful. Remember that the revision guides are only the 'essence' of the content you are required to learn, but if you properly know solely the revision guide and have had good past paper practise then I don't see why you can't get an A at least, even an A*. I know people who have, so.
It depends when your exam is, is your Biology exam on the 21st? That's when mine is, so I wondered. I'm the type of person who likes to work on topics. I don't really set myself an allowance of how many pages to read, instead I say to myself today cover Homeostasis and Photosynthesis, or something like that and I'll sit down in one go and try and learn a topic and then have a nice break, or move onto a different subject and then later read some more.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I love the CGP books, especially for science! Break it down in nice chunks :smile: Highly recommend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending