The Student Room Group

A Level students; Has anyone actually revised the night before...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Iron Lady
I hope you were joking in your previous comment, then I might let you off.

But I'm genuinely shocked that someone of your age made that fatal mistake. :bban:

Ah yes, a fatal mistake. The list of fallen leaders, crumbled civilisations and decaying students that would have remained had they not succumbed to the ignorance of mistaking "wasn't" with "weren't" truly extends an eternity.

Go revise for your A levels kid.
I hope you were joking in your previous comment, then I might let you off.

But I'm genuinely shocked that someone of your age made that fatal mistake. :bban:

I'm from Dudley, we have different grammar, I'm genuinely shocked someone of your age doesn't understand the concept of a dialect. Example: "****ing hell geezer that Iron Lady chap's an annoying ****ing neek ay he" "trust me don, he cor pleasure a woman so when you'm on the internet he pops up wiv smarmy comments so he dow feel so much like a waste of oxygen"
Reply 42
Original post by JCC-MGS
I'm from Dudley, we have different grammar, I'm genuinely shocked someone of your age doesn't understand the concept of a dialect.

:rofl: Oh be quiet. There's having a northern accent, then there's ignoring the rules of grammar. Please don't try to excuse your ignorance because of a 'dialect'. You're in denial.

Example: "****ing hell geezer that Iron Lady chap's an annoying ****ing neek ay he" "trust me don, he cor pleasure a woman so when you'm on the internet he pops up wiv smarmy comments so he dow feel so much like a waste of oxygen"

:lolwut:

1. I'm a woman.
2. What is a 'neek'?
3. My comment was not 'smarmy' I was challenging your use of English.
4. Work on clarity and I'd advise your 'geezers' to do the same. :h:
Reply 43
Original post by Spungo
Ah yes, a fatal mistake. The list of fallen leaders, crumbled civilisations and decaying students that would have remained had they not succumbed to the ignorance of mistaking "wasn't" with "weren't" truly extends an eternity.

Go revise for your A levels kid.

If someone says "I weren't" instead of "I wasn't", they're common and not very bright.

Better luck next time :dunce:
Reply 44
I think its very rare but possible*
Reply 45
If someone says "I weren't" instead of "I wasn't", they're common and not very bright.

Better luck next time :dunce:

Someone doesn't know the definitions of the adjectives they use :rolleyes:

Try again kid.
Reply 46
Yes - C4 and chemistry unit 2 (AS). Pretty horrific - got just enough in them both, but the exams were hell - I just didn't know how to answer quite a few of the questions, panicked. Not fun.
Pretty much all I did for most of my GCSE's ( especially English Lit and Lang) :rolleyes:
Reply 48
I revised for three hours on the evening before and for four hours on the day of my chemistry unit 2 (AS) exam (it was an afternoon exam). I got 112 UMS which was the A grade boundary so it seemed to work pretty well.

I wouldn't recommend it though and could have done better with more revision.
Anyone who says they didn't study all year and only revisited stuff the night before, is either lying or soooo exceptionally bright that lessons alone were enough for them to understand everything and be competant. Oh and they'd have an exceptionally good memory too to remember all the theory. Which do you think is more likely to be the case? Speaking mainly for science/maths here. Being good at these subjects is more likely to be due to practise and repitition rather than innate talent.
(edited 11 years ago)
:rofl: Oh be quiet. There's having a northern accent, then there's ignoring the rules of grammar. Please don't try to excuse your ignorance because of a 'dialect'. You're in denial.

:lolwut:

1. I'm a woman.
2. What is a 'neek'?
3. My comment was not 'smarmy' I was challenging your use of English.
4. Work on clarity and I'd advise your 'geezers' to do the same. :h:

I don't need you to challenge my use of English. Really. You're not cleverer than me, just more smug.
Reply 51
I did for my chemistry unit 2 (Ocr F332)

In my defence it was the third consecutive exam session. I ended up with a C, which to me is on par with failing completely. I resat it in January and got 90%.

Moral of the story, revise.
Reply 52
Yep, only for my GCSE History tho, revised for about an hour, looked at a few bits on the Indians and in the exam that was exactly what came up!

Would not recommend it for A Levels tho... too much content!
You'll find a load of clever/lucky people saying they did fairly well in certain exams after having revised only the night before, but bear in mind these people could easily have done far better if they'd just done some more revision properly. Don't use it as an excuse to not study, you'll feel more in control of exams and pressure if you do a good amount of work.

I didn't work very hard for my A2 summer exams last year and really messed up my grades, so I didn't get the grades I needed. I'm now resitting exams and doing an extra A level in a gap year. Now I'm doing a lot of work and have realised this is what I should have been doing last year: working hard.

It's so much better to work like mad for the next 2 months, and then be able to not worry too much during the holidays. I think of how happy I'll be when I see the grades I need written on my exam results page, and it pushes me to keep going.

I don't want to lecture anyone... just sharing my experience in the hope that it might wake some people up so they get to work.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Got ABB doing that for each exam.
Original post by JCC-MGS
I don't need you to challenge my use of English. Really. You're not cleverer than me, just more smug.

How have you ascertained that they're not more intelligent than yourself?
Original post by Zuki
and gotten a decent grade?

I did 20 minutes per computing exam last year - got a mid A.

Don't think i did much more work than night before on my gcses.
Original post by britchick
AQA A Psychology Unit 4. I wrote out all my notes weeks in advance, but actually sat down to learn them 1 1/2 days before the exam. Came out of the exam hall thinking I'd scraped a C. Turns out I got 100/100 UMS. AQA have clearly got my results confused with someone else's...

This pretty much happened to me. I was sat the night before the exam looking at my notes going 'I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THIS' and then crammed till 3 in the morning with my mum and got 100/100 UMS and therefore an A* overall.
Reply 58
I revised the night and the morning before the exam and got 120/120 UMS. It was for sociology. Some say sociology is an easy a level but that year loads of people failed in my year cos of some odd question about lab experiments. Then again I always found sociology easy from the beginning
Reply 59
My friend starting revision two days before her history exam on AQA. She was even learning, not revising but learning some of the content a day before the exam. She came out with an A! And she got a C in GCSE history...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending