The Student Room Group

A Level students; Has anyone actually revised the night before...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JCC-MGS
I don't need you to challenge my use of English. Really. You're not cleverer than me, just more smug.

Yes or no: do you admit you were wrong?
Original post by britchick
AQA A Psychology Unit 4. I wrote out all my notes weeks in advance, but actually sat down to learn them 1 1/2 days before the exam. Came out of the exam hall thinking I'd scraped a C. Turns out I got 100/100 UMS. AQA have clearly got my results confused with someone else's...

Your lucky! I wish this could happen to me! When i think i did badly ... i usually am right!
Reply 62
I'm doing it for Lang and Lit in about a week. I'll let you know how it goes :wink:

Edit: as in, in one week, I am revising the night before. Not I am revising for a week.
Reply 63
if your actually planning on doing that you deserve to fail.
Reply 64
Yes, I did for my AS exams and my A2 Sociology module in January.
I came out with pretty poor results at AS (ABBD with a D in History :facepalm:), but managed 93% in my recent A2 Sociology module.

I have real trouble with motivating myself to revise, but these exams in the summer actually determine my future and are pretty difficult to blag so I've started revision now with 4 weeks to go!

I'd say if you turned up to lessons and did the work throughout the year, it's just about possible at AS. But certainly not at A2.
Reply 65
Original post by flume
Yes, I did for my AS exams and my A2 Sociology module in January.
I came out with pretty poor results at AS (ABBD with a D in History :facepalm:), but managed 93% in my recent A2 Sociology module.

I have real trouble with motivating myself to revise, but these exams in the summer actually determine my future and are pretty difficult to blag so I've started revision now with 4 weeks to go!

I'd say if you turned up to lessons and did the work throughout the year, it's just about possible at AS. But certainly not at A2.

It's perfectly possible. I don't get why A2 is supposedly so much harder than AS - I just don't feel it. The difference is marginal in my opinion. Not a brilliant result considering it's the subject I'm going to Cambridge to study, but managed 66/80 (low A) in unit 3 economics without any revision whatsoever! I'm not advising it just saying it is doable.
For my AS Economics Unit 1 resit last January, I did 1 day of revision before the exam and got 86/100. I also did 3 days of revision before my A2 Economics Unit 2 paper in January, I got 74/100. I only did that little revision because I had to focus on Chemistry and Biology as I got C's and D's in them at AS Level. Now I am up to BBB overall and looking to get AAB or ABB!

But that's Economics, I just had a good understanding of the exam technique. I definitely don't recommend it though unless you are working properly in class throughout the year and completing homework's and understanding everything. Otherwise you are extremely likely to end up with D's, I found that out in my AS year innit!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Iron Lady
Yes or no: do you admit you were wrong?

I weren't wrong so suck your mum tbh
Reply 68
Original post by JCC-MGS
I weren't wrong so suck your mum tbh

"I weren't" is not grammatically correct.

Christ you're incompetent.
Economics unit 2- scraped a B with 1 day of revision the night before. Didn't do much though coz I has chem unit 2 on that day, and chem was my priority!!
I did one all nighter for every Psychology AS and A2 exam I sat last year; got an A.
Also did about two hours work for each English Lit AS and A2 exam I sat; got an A.
Did one all nighter for each Government and Politics AS and A2 unit; got a D.

It really depends on the subject and how easy it is for you to remember the content. I find Psychology and English very interesting, so I'm able to remember and memorise things almost instantly, but with Politics... Well... You can see the result for yourself.

I'm retaking all of my Politics units now, and I have my first one tomorrow. But like an idiot who hasn't yet learnt from her mistakes, I'm sitting here trying to learn an entire topic in 6 hours. FML. :banghead: :facepalm:
Reply 71
I find that if you actually attend all lessons and listen properly in lessons and make sure to ask questions to properly understand stuff then less revision is needed for subjects like History
Original post by Bey Taco
Some of these examples are from people who do their homework and things the rest of the year and actually listen in class or attend them even.

I on the other hand missed most of my lessons, did not work at all, we're talking opening the book and scrapped D from revision(learning and crumming information) the night before.

Moral of the story, stop listening to bastards on the internet and revise! The reason I didnt do well was because idiots like these make you feel bad about learning and make you feel stupid for attending lessons, when really, they are at home reading books and **** and calling it chilling time, that, I would call revision.

real talk fam!!! these nerdy pricks probs revise like 5 hours a day+ and use this **** as a social to make others look like dick heads
I'm doing that right now for all my exams... I'm going to have to resit... oh god stupid me
I'm doing that right now... going to have to resit I'm just going into the exams knowing I'm going to get a U but it's fine because it's what I deserve for doing for all
a tip if you're learning everything you can

Dont plod through the whole syllabus , lesson by lesson, lecture by lecture or page by page on the textbook

at least for my exam boards and my subjects this was the biggest mistake ppl made.

20-30% of stuff you learn never comes up since its background/introductory/ extension, always look at what keeps coming up in past papers first so you know which areas to focus more on.

Also, just write out mark schemes instead of doing them - some say this ruins doing the paper but writing and

learning model answers for say 60% of potential questions beats slugging through the entire syllabus and then attempting the paper at the end only to get like 30-40% mark anyway and becoming more demoralized - been there done that.

also get good sleep, sleep earlier and wake earlier rather than sleep later and wake later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending