Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this look to thin?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Some people on this thread said it looks fine, or 'a little thin'.
    And I got compliments when I went out and stuff. Most were from guys actually.. they said i looked 'really thin' but they didn't seem to say it like it was a bad thing.

I've already gained. I'm over 8st now.

And I never saw a doctor..

When I was 7st my mum told me she 'wouldn't like me to lose any more' but that I didn't need to gain (I asked her directly if she thought I needed to). She didn't know how much I weighed (I lied about that) so clearly thought I looked fine.
    So who told you to gain? In an earlier post you said you 'were told to gain'..

You simply can't base how healthy someone is on how they look. It doesn't matter if some people think you look alright, you're clearly not healthy. And you yourself said you were dizzy and tired, and your periods stopped. Are you not getting this?

(Original post by Negaduck)
    You look fine to me, skinny but not too much so, and in general guys tend to go for skinnier girls. Although I prefer my woman slightly chunkier.
    Which picture do you think I look fine in?

(Original post by Amwazicles)
    So who told you to gain? In an earlier post you said you 'were told to gain'..

You simply can't base how healthy someone is on how they look. It doesn't matter if some people think you look alright, you're clearly not healthy. And you yourself said you were dizzy and tired, and your periods stopped. Are you not getting this?
    I've already gained weight... they started again and I don't get dizzy any more. That stopped as soon as I started eating more. I know I was eating too little and I got really obsessed.

I don't think I really have to tell you that, it's quite personal. Someone confronted me about it and made me tell them what I weighed and then told me how unhealthy they thought I looked. I was also part of an online dieting support thing and they all told me to.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you looked good then but from that pic above you also look good now. If your health was suffering then the weight you're at now is obviously better for you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Which picture do you think I look fine in?
    The first one. I just looked at he second one there now.

If i'm honest I would say you look better in the second one. However i'm just one man with an opinion.
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:
    backoff

it's a par
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I was too thin now, far from it! I've gained a lot.

But thank you.

(Are you really 114lbs at 6ft 2? How much do you eat?)
    Im 138lbs and 6ft2
    tbh there are days that go by that i dont eat at all because i forget or im too lazy! and i just dont feel hungry.
    Now im on a diet to make sure i eat hahaa
    gotta take in 3000 calories daily !
    I reckon i have good potential though, im still in shape physically and wouldn't consider myself malnourished.
    My target is 171 lbs! wish me luck
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've already gained weight... they started again and I don't get dizzy any more. That stopped as soon as I started eating more. I know I was eating too little and I got really obsessed.

I don't think I really have to tell you that, it's quite personal. Someone confronted me about it and made me tell them what I weighed and then told me how unhealthy they thought I looked. I was also part of an online dieting support thing and they all told me to.
    I don't think I quite see the point of this thread, then? Are you asking because you're thinking of returning to your old weight? Just for a confidence boost? Some other reason?

(Original post by + polarity -)
    backoff

it's a par
    Um, it's not. But I don't know how I can prove that.

I don't really want to post more pictures, cause I can't delete them after.

I don't think I quite see the point of this thread, then? Are you asking because you're thinking of returning to your old weight? Just for a confidence boost? Some other reason?
    A confidence boost? Are you serious? I hate my body, I think it's disgusting. Of course I want to lose weight. I'm trying to decide whether to or not but really I don't want to discuss that, I just wanted to see if people thought that an underweight body looked fine. Which some did.

I found the picture and I wanted to see what people thought of it. That's all.

And also to show that people actually do think underweight looks good/fine whatever.
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:
    Um, it's not. But I don't know how I can prove that.

I don't really want to post more pictures, cause I can't delete them after.
    You can with imgur :top:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't starving myself. I just had 1200 calories or less (usually 900-1100) per day for quite a long time, and exercised a lot.

I'm really just doing this to see what people think of it, because as I said I got a lot of mixed messages. I lost like, 2 stone and nobody really expressed any worry.

My BMI was 16.5 in that picture, went down to 15.9, and is 18.1 now. And people are saying that it looked fine, not too 'thin thin', healthy. I know BMI isn't really something to go by, but still.

This is from slightly lower:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwx1ihnq3X1qj2nlw.jpg
    You look beautiful
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Well, there kinda is a reason to force yourself to put on weight when people 'nag' you about it because you're becoming ill due to lack of food.
    I think it just depends. If a person is happy then there is no reason to get involved. Like I mentioned about my ex being skinny. People nag him so much about being too thin, but it's not even like he eats too little. He must have like 3% body fat or something. I wouldn't say he is especially unhealthy though.

On the otherhand, if someone is unhappy (even if they don't realise themselves) because they aren't eating enough, or they are becoming obsessive, or it negatively affects their lives or whatever, then it makes more sense to talk to them about it.

Like I said thread starter do what makes you happy.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    A confidence boost? Are you serious? I hate my body, I think it's disgusting. Of course I want to lose weight. I'm trying to decide whether to or not but really I don't want to discuss that, I just wanted to see if people thought that an underweight body looked fine. Which some did.

I found the picture and I wanted to see what people thought of it. That's all.

And also to show that people actually do think underweight looks good/fine whatever.
    Yes, some people think underweight looks fine. That doesn't mean you should do it. People think fat and sugar are nice to eat, that doesn't mean you should eat nothing but fat and sugar. Your health comes foremost - surely you can remember how horrible it feels to be that underweight? It's never going to be worth the small number of compliments you might get from misguided people about your body.

Losing weight is never going to be a solution to hating your body. Your perception of your body, and you body itself are two completely unrelated things, and one will never have any impact on the other. You need to sort out your confidence issues before you hurt yourself even more by losing weight and making yourself unhealthy again.

Yes, some people think underweight looks fine. That doesn't mean you should do it. People think fat and sugar are nice to eat, that doesn't mean you should eat nothing but fat and sugar. Your health comes foremost - surely you can remember how horrible it feels to be that underweight? It's never going to be worth the small number of compliments you might get from misguided people about your body.

Losing weight is never going to be a solution to hating your body. Your perception of your body, and you body itself are two completely unrelated things, and one will never have any impact on the other. You need to sort out your confidence issues before you hurt yourself even more by losing weight and making yourself unhealthy again.
    Well I didn't do it because it felt healthy.
    I remember, but there were also good sides to it. I really liked eating only healthy foods and limiting my calories. Even now I feel so much better when I've not eaten so much.

I don't think those people are misguided, they are just being honest.

It may not seem like a solution but I definitely felt a whole lot better. I remember I actually felt quite good about it for about a week.

I also think I am ugly, so it helped to at least be thin. Now I don't really have anything.

I'm aware that I have confidence issues but I have no idea how to even try and sort them out.

I didn't want to say any of this.. really just wanted opinions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me how i can post as anonymous
    thanks
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't do it because it felt healthy.
    I remember, but there were also good sides to it. I really liked eating only healthy foods and limiting my calories. Even now I feel so much better when I've not eaten so much.

I don't think those people are misguided, they are just being honest.

It may not seem like a solution but I definitely felt a whole lot better. I remember I actually felt quite good about it for about a week.

I also think I am ugly, so it helped to at least be thin. Now I don't really have anything.

I'm aware that I have confidence issues but I have no idea how to even try and sort them out.

I would advise psychological treatment to help with the confidence. See your GP and they can refer you to someone. Because that kind of low confidence combined with your desire to lose weight and dislike of your body is dangerously close to eating disorder territory, and you really don't want to go there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hon I know you don't want to talk about it but it sounds like it is making you unhappy. I really think you should get some help - talk to a GP or a friend or family member.

I used to eat very little myself and I was miserable. Everyone complimented me on my weight loss too.

It is so easy for it to spiral out of control.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's less about how you look, you're slim either way. It's more about your health. A balance between what you eat and what you work off for the height you are.

You were eating less than your body needed, as your body tried to tell you by sending you dizzy and stopping your periods.
    There's lots of support out there to help you find the right balance to maintain a healthy weight.

If compliments is what you're after, in my experience, the healthier you are the more compliments you get.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.