Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this look to thin?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think both then and now you looked attractive in figure. But if you get ill, you don't want to be having the figure that you had before, cause fat reserves are very important for insulating your body heat and giving you the energy to fight off the illness, especially if any food or drink that goes in you comes straight back out again.

From the sounds of it though, you're never going to be happy - it'll always be, I'm ugly, I'm too thin, I'm too fat etc... just please be happy in your own skin, spend as much time as you can smiling and laughing, and if it's not broken, don't fix it - you're fine exactly how you are! If you were overweight, it'd be a good idea to do something about that but you're nowhere near. If you need a confidence booster, wear makeup or get a new hairstyle or something. Obsessing over constantly changing your weight is a dangerous business to meddle with. Guys are responsive to all sorts of bodyweights, they're always going to find you attractive.

(Original post by + polarity -)
    You can with imgur :top:
    Okay, these are me at various weights. I don't have a lot because I hate having photos taken of myself, and all of my 'progress' pictures are on my old laptop at home. These probably sound like excuses but whatever.

http://i.imgur.com/RGQ7B.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ghyCo.png
    http://i.imgur.com/VMYwA.png
    http://i.imgur.com/NZN7g.png

(Original post by Serano)
    You look beautiful
    If you think that of the first picture.. I'm not like that anymore. But thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    **** all these people saying 'too thin'

You just look like a slim, healthy girl to me.

(Original post by meow444)
    Hon I know you don't want to talk about it but it sounds like it is making you unhappy. I really think you should get some help - talk to a GP or a friend or family member.

I used to eat very little myself and I was miserable. Everyone complimented me on my weight loss too.

It is so easy for it to spiral out of control.
    I'm seeing a counsellor (not specifically for this) but it really isn't helping. She keeps telling me how amazing it is that I've 'overcome an eating disorder' like everything is fine now.

I'm not sure if I have one but I certainly don't have a healthy attitude towards food. I stick to a plan strictly (whether its 1500, 500 or whatever calories), and when I slip up I end up bingeing.

I don't eat normally and have had some of the symptoms of bulimia since I was like 14, but I wouldn't class myself as bulimic.

I don't obsess over my weight all the time, I just think about my diet a lot. My diet affects my mood and energy so its not necessarily a bad thing to think about.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wth my waist is just like that too but I'm always stuffing myself! This sucks.

(Original post by swaggiee)
    Wth my waist is just like that too but I'm always stuffing myself! This sucks.
    I wouldn't say that sucks..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm seeing a counsellor (not specifically for this) but it really isn't helping. She keeps telling me how amazing it is that I've 'overcome an eating disorder' like everything is fine now.

I'm not sure if I have one but I certainly don't have a healthy attitude towards food. I stick to a plan strictly (whether its 1500, 500 or whatever calories), and when I slip up I end up bingeing.

I don't eat normally and have had some of the symptoms of bulimia since I was like 14, but I wouldn't class myself as bulimic.

I don't obsess over my weight all the time, I just think about my diet a lot. My diet affects my mood and energy so its not necessarily a bad thing to think about.
    I can sympathise. If you ever want to talk to someone, you can PM me. I wouldn't bother with talking to the counsellor about it, they sound like they don't understand. Probably better just to talk to your friends or family. I know how embarrassing that is, and how much you probably don't want to, but it isn't good to keep everything pent up inside.

You are beautiful and you really don't need to worry about losing weight.

One day I just got fed up of worrying about it and basically punishing myself. I ate what I wanted, and yeah I did put on some weight, but then I realised it hardly made any difference, especially for the amount of worry and effort I was putting into being thinner.

Being healthy is always the most attractive, it really is. Think about your friends who are a bit fatter, do people find them pretty? They probably do. And people will find you pretty too if you are an average weight. You might not think you are any thinner, but I can see from your photos you are thinner than the average girl, so you must be thinner than some of you friends. Anyway I hope you are ok, and that you will find a way to feel better about yourself :hugs:
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    cool

cool
    Are you saying cool thats the best weight? or cool because you now believe me?
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying cool thats the best weight? or cool because you now believe me?
    Er... it's the best weight

but I don't know what weight that is. I just liked the picture.

Hun, I'm sorry but it does sound to me like you definitely have some sort of eating disorder - what you describe feeling reminds me a lot of how I used to be, food ruling your moods and defining whether your day was good or bad, and if your periods stopped that really speaks for itself.

First of all, this may sound controversial to some but just ignore the counsellor...not surprised you don't find her helpful, she seems to be making the common but untrue assumption that just because you've gained a bit of weight you're 'all right' in the head and 'cured' now, now if that were true so many people would no relapse and yo-yo diet making themselves even more unhealthy and causing even more self-loathing and trust me, you don't want to go there.

Also - I'm the same height as you, nearly 81-/ stone and run regularly and people still honestly consider me 'slim'' or 'small' although have 'fat' days, I too went through a phase of being 71/2 stone even and quite frankly most people thought I looked ill, and I did though did not realsie at thetime. Your legs in that photo look pretty scarily thin, emaciated in fact and even in the latest picture you are still very slim.

I really would not try to lose the weight again, as you admit yourself you only really felt good about yourself afterwards for a week, which for all that and too such detriment too your health is really nothing and proof that you won't find happiness starving yourself (besides the fact that not having your periods can give you brittle bones, which I do now have). Take care of yourself at uni though, and remember that a healthy diet is also including nutritious sources of protein and carbs such as nuts, seeds, milk, wholemeal bread etc. not just trying to severely restrict calories, especially if you do want to participate in a lot of exercise.

Btw do PM me if you want tio talk about anything. x
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty thin but eat as much as I can to gain weight. I know it's a rubbish but what was your BMI? Nothing like Ben Goldacre's awesome advice for how to be healthy: eat a wide variety of foods, drink plenty of water, don't smoke, don't drink excessively and take regular exercise. If you are having problems with your health then it's probably telling you something.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone should close this thread :/

Er... it's the best weight

but I don't know what weight that is. I just liked the picture.
    That's around 118.

The pictures have varied from 100-118.

(Original post by k9markiii)
    I am pretty thin but eat as much as I can to gain weight. I know it's a rubbish but what was your BMI? Nothing like Ben Goldacre's awesome advice for how to be healthy: eat a wide variety of foods, drink plenty of water, don't smoke, don't drink excessively and take regular exercise. If you are having problems with your health then it's probably telling you something.
    My lowest BMI was 15.9 and highest has been 20.
    I try to, I have lots of vegetables, tofu, beans, lentils and lots of fruit if I can. Generally porridge or bran flakes for breakfast.

My only problem now with food is the tendency to binge if I have even a little bit of something I know I shouldn't.
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's around 118.
    got your number :wink2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just get to 19 BMI and stick to it! eat 1800-2k calories a day to mantain it!
    Stop posting your pics too.
    Stop feeling ashmed or 'digusted' with your body.
    You've seen the comments (its ok) and you know what you need to do ( 19 BMI)
    Have you got annorexia or wtf?

(Original post by PeterOkenla11)
    Just get to 19 BMI and stick to it! eat 1800-2k calories a day to mantain it!
    Stop posting your pics too.
    Stop feeling ashmed or 'digusted' with your body.
    You've seen the comments (its ok) and you know what you need to do ( 19 BMI)
    Have you got annorexia or wtf?
    No, I'm not anorexic.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You look a tad skinny, but healthy nonetheless to be honest. I wouldn't worry at all.

(Original post by meow444)
    Lol the only male to post on this thread after the picture worked simply pointed out that you aren't wearing a bra.

Boys :rolleyes:
    Coming from a person whose sole reason is to just troll and not respond to the question..:rolleyes:
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like the OP is a weight recovered but not a mentality recovered ED sufferer. I could be way off the mark and I apologise profusely if I am being too presumptious.

However I would like to add that you look beautiful at both weights. But the problem is we cant see your face. Im willing to bet your skin, hair and smile are healthier and more frequent now than they were in your first pic. This alone makes you more beautiful / attractive NOW than then.

Its not easy, but let go of other peoples comments on which you look best at. It is your life, your health and your happiness.

Good luck
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're so thin that you're not having you're period, you're too thin. I wish guys had some sort of tell-tale sign equivalent, but I don't think we do...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.