Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many friends do you have?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm not sure well I'd say:
    Close friends - 1/2
    Friends I talk to a lot (but maybe not close) - 5
    Then I have 3 friends from school but I only see them when we're going out clubbin' .
    I have many acquaintances.
    I hang with about 10 people in college but I'm only close to certain people in the group.

i usually take time when getting to know someone it can take a longer or shorter time depending on the person and I'm quite introverted . I open up to everyone only certain people but thats the way I prefer it I'm not the type of person who would express many things, I rarely bring up personal conversations either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    many many acquaintances, but only 6 or 7 close friends
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to have about 20 good friends but couldn't really be bothered anymore and am down to a couple :lol:

I've had about 4 close friends at one point or another in my life but combined with drifting apart, people moving away etc. it's been the same person for the last several years.

Pretty happy with how it is, having a couple people I'm fully comfortable with compared to having a bunch of people you have to make compromises for just to fit in with the norm of appearing popular.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Approximately fifty and a boyfriend as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have that many friends, but I get on with most people and hang around with a lot of people. I guess it's just the way I am; people like me but I never want to get TOO close to them.

Strangely, the people I trust the most aren't necessarily my closest friends. I'd say I have three close friends, and just get along with everybody really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Acquaintances: I don't know, :/ lots.
    People who confide in me: 7
    People whom I confide to/True friends/ People I can slug it out with and share a cuppa with at the end of the day: 3.

Having acquaintances is good,as it means you have people to go round with on doing boring activities like getting your phone fixed. Or having those big team games like basketball.
    But I think having true friends is something I don't want to forsake- the reason people have only about 1-4 true close friends on average is because these guys are the ones you truly care about. Like, truly, because you're not gonna go around and call 50 people your 'special-est' friends. (generalisation of -est but that doesn't matter here.)
    And perfectly happy with my true friends too, because I can just be myself around them. No watching my words or my humor, no restricting my teasing, no being conservative with my actions, no tensing up, no worries of being judged...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just one, really; my boyfriend. I drifted apart from my old friends and haven't made any new ones.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I never had a real life friend but I had internet friends before.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    4 people I count as friends.
    None particularly close.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I probably have more friends than you have cows.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say three but i dont think they would say the same thing. I tend to just follow them around and not say much.
    I have more friends on WOW though. They are close friends.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have about 4 friends.. on WoW. We always complete quests together, i just love those guys. They'd take an arrow for me, love ma warrior homies.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    One really close friend and then five more close friends. To be honest for me to be happy I only need one really close friend, the others are just bonuses.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Proper friends- 5 (two at home, two at Uni and one I've known for a while).
    Casual friends- 7ish.
    Acquaintances- several about 12-15?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1 RL close friend.

Many friends over the internet that I game and chat with.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have seven close friends and about 20-30 acquaintances.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denny Crane)
    I consider myself to have 0 friends. But there are a few people who wouldn't leave me the hell alone. Some of us just rather being alone and I dont understand why most people seem to have a problem with that.
    This.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Close friends: 3 and my girlfriend
    Friends I'd hang out with: 16 (Uni and school friends)

+people I know from school but don't really see.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Literally none.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say 2, really close friends,the other 10 or so are still good friends but not ones I can discuss really heavy issues in my life with sort of thing if that makes sense.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.