The Student Room Group

How many friends do you have?

I'm not asking about the 300 friends on your facebook friendslist (half of which you probably never even spoken to), I'm talking about REAL friends. Those whom you can trust and be rather close with. I would say I have about 5-6, I'm not really bothered if this is "not a lot" but good enough for me. Then I have around 30 friends who are, well, just friends/aqcuaintances (cba to spell) I guess?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have maybe 70 acquaintances? Maybe 20 people I'd call close friends
Oh God, dare I say...

Untitled-1.jpg
Reply 4
Just 3 or 4

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Just so we're all clear, a friend is someone who "you would not feel embarrassed to join at the bar of the transit lounge of Hong Kong airport at 3am." And apparently, it's not cognitively possible to maintain more than 150 regular acquaintances.

To answer your question, OP, none. foreveralone.jpg
Reply 6
me, myself and I.
2 :smile:
Reply 8
Hmm, i'm going to say 3. Possibly 4 if I am being generous to myself.
5 really close friends from my course plus my boyfriend.

Group shot of my elite crew :cool: (minus 1 holding the camera, and not including bf)

Spoiler

Reply 10

I don't have many acquaintances because I find that kind of relationship difficult. (i.e. tedious because i get nothing from it) If you think this causes problems, you'd be right.
Just one...
Reply 12
Hm, this thread seems like a good thread for loners to look for some closure.

if you mean friend as in 'omg i'll tell you everything', I'd have none. But that's more to do with me not trusting anyone. If you mean friend as in 'go out, have a good time, but know **** all about your life', then yeah, I have quite a few.
Reply 13
Some people are satisfied with a few 'intimate' (non sexual) friendships. I would hate to have loads of 'friends' who I actually barely knew.
I dont have friends, but i hope i will make some in this country :smile:
I consider myself to have 0 friends. But there are a few people who wouldn't leave me the hell alone. Some of us just rather being alone and I dont understand why most people seem to have a problem with that.
(edited 11 years ago)
ii	
Reply 17
Original post by AtomSmasher
Just so we're all clear, a friend is someone who "you would not feel embarrassed to join at the bar of the transit lounge of Hong Kong airport at 3am." And apparently, it's not cognitively possible to maintain more than 150 regular acquaintances.

To answer your question, OP, none. foreveralone.jpg

someone watches QI
Reply 18
Friends who I can tell anything to? 0. Acquaintances who I see/speak to who I could go on a night out with? About 80-100

Am I popular?- Yes.

Am I lonely? Yes.
Reply 19
Original post by Denny Crane
I consider myself to have 0 friends. But there are a few people who wouldn't leave me the hell alone. Some of us just rather being alone and I dont understand why most people seem to have a problem with that.

There will be times in life where you need the support of someone other than a family member, somebody you can trust and rely on.

If you want to be a loner then :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending