The Student Room Group

Are chinos chavvy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Scipio
Emma Watson looks chavvy as **** there. Any garrish display of brand patterns = chavvy. It's like people going round with LV bags with LV written all over them.

She looks like a very rich girl doing an ad she doesn't give a stuff about for what reason? More money? Fame? er...

I can't tell if chinos are chavvy. Is Mexico chavvy? Are crisps? Is a tortoise chavvy? A banana?
Reply 141
Chavvy?

I bought them because they look a bit smarter than jeans. They are also lighter than jeans so I prefer to wear them in the summer at occasions when you can't wear shorts.
Reply 142
See I've always been against chinos, taking part in the branding of the 'Chino W*nker'. But recently I've wanted to move away from the same old blue jeans and to try out new styles but I'm new to 'fashion', and chinos seem to be the only colour alternative.

Now, I'm a big lad, with big thighs, so the 'latest trends' have always neglected me almost. [First world problems, inorite?] But now I want to wear nice shirts with different colour trouser combos [nothing flamboyant, perhaps a dark burgundy or the like] to try and freshen things up a bit. But ofc, no one likes Chinos xD

For the sake of the argument though, I [now] think chinos are actually half-smart depending on the attire, although it's very hard to look good in them. Those horrible jogging-bottom-type ones which have elastic at the bottom disgust me. I can't shake the label from them though, they had promise but like everything else that's pretty they've been completely ruined by chavs/tools/general pond scum.
(edited 11 years ago)
They're not chavvy, they're just very mainstream and look daft. If you're middle-aged, middle class and well dressed you can pull it off, if not you look like a pretentious tryhard.
Reply 144
Original post by IanDangerously
They're not chavvy, they're just very mainstream and look daft. If you're middle-aged, middle class and well dressed you can pull it off, if not you look like a pretentious tryhard.

Hit the nail on the head tbh.

Depends what you wear them with also. With a tight v-neck t-shirt and some of them plimsolls (or w/e they're called) they look silly.

With a nice polo and some shoes, maybe...

Quick Reply

Latest