The Student Room Group

really like and attracted to this 'nice guy' ... but how to deal with the awkwardness

the situation is basically... I tend to care about looks and body quite a lot- more than I should I think...and I like boys who are flirty, charming etc....but if someone has the right personality and we click then I'll like them...

I met this boy who was definitely in the 'nice guy' category and he didn't flirt w me very much but we got on so well and started seeing eachother... then I had to go back to uni and we talk on the phone or skype all the time and can talk for hours- and I don't remember the last time I felt this way about someone- it feels really special- I was almost starting to worry I like him too much and am at risk of getting obsessed...

but then suddenly I feel like I'm going off him (comparatively speaking)... basically I was never massively physically attracted to him but I think thats more the fact that he's not vain and because he was brought up really religious he might be really shy and reserved sexually (I don't know if he's ever had sex...) when we kissed is was really awkward but I almost felt like he was trying to hard- I'm generally not a fan of this kinda awkward snogging (like ppl used to do at house parties...) ....

... I supposed basically my problem is I'm really hot and cold with guys- especially guys who are not really ripped (bc if they are there's always a physical attraction... whereas this is more based on personality and how well we get on)... and what am I supposed to say- I really like you but don't kiss me so much..?

I've had this problem before where I've thought I was crazy about someone and then- before it was as soon as he came to visit me it was just awkward- my guy is coming to my uni to spend some time with me and I really don't want that to spoil it....

I kind of feel that given time I would get to know him better and I would feel more comfortable around him (I think sex/intimacy like sharing a bed is really awkward with people you don't really know... ).. and I feel like maybe he'd become more at ease sexually... (I used to be waay more awkward too)

idk- sorry this is a ramble... opinions?
Give him time to surprise you.
Reply 2
Definitely give it more time. I'm very hot and cold and then suddenly it all clicks, persevere if you think its worth it, and from the way you initially described it I'd say its worth seeing what happens
Reply 3
yeah I definitely want to...

but its just in the mean time- I don't want to just act really off with him- I feel like that will knock his confidence more...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending