The Student Room Group

Maths Joint Honours or Single Honours?

Hi everyone, I have an offer for LSE Business Maths and Stats and Imperial Maths with Stats for Finance. I was just wondering if the LSE course is mathematical enough to say, apply for a masters in mathematics with probably a focus on operational research. Right now, I'm leaning towards LSE because I do enjoy the economics in it, and I'm not too confident of getting a first (not that I'm confident of getting a first anywhere) from Imperial if I do choose it.

In a nutshell, are the economics modules at LSE mathsy, and if so, what sort of maths is it? And, would it be mathematical enough for a masters course?

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi, this is exactly the course that i want to go for next year! Do you mind telling me what your AS results were and what are your predicted grades?
Reply 2
Hi, sure I had 4A's at AS (including thinking skills because it's mandatory for us) and 1A3A*s for A2, the A being in Further Maths (which i got 89% for, which is kinda bleh since it's just 1% away).
Good luck!

Can anyone help with my question? Whether this degree would prepare one sufficiently to, let's say do a masters in financial maths, or a maths masters (not applied maths or the physics-y stuff)?

Quick Reply

Latest