The Student Room Group

Doing the right or worng thing?

My exams are in a week and I am in yr 13. My study leave starts 23rd -.-, i need time to revise, I cant afford to go into college to do those revision sessions, because we arent doing much, half the class is messing around and i cant focus. So Ive decided to take the days off, Im not sure if im going to get in trouble, is anybody doing this? The thing is I need those grades to get into uni, and have to ace these exams, I just cant afford losing time like this, plus the college is really far, :frown:
Reply 1
anyone?
I'm doing this too - you've got to do what you've got to do. You'll be leaving soon, anyway. Seriously consider the costs/benefits of going in and staying home.
Reply 3
Original post by Sophie1805
I'm doing this too - you've got to do what you've got to do. You'll be leaving soon, anyway. Seriously consider the costs/benefits of going in and staying home.

Thank god, I thought I was literally the only person who was considering this, I mean, I am self teaching rs, and some retakes, plus our bio syllabus isnt fully complete and our teachers are like its all done, but you think the colleges can take serious action if i dont attend classes, i just dont see the point, and have no time. :frown:
Original post by ambrin ox
Thank god, I thought I was literally the only person who was considering this, I mean, I am self teaching rs, and some retakes, plus our bio syllabus isnt fully complete and our teachers are like its all done, but you think the colleges can take serious action if i dont attend classes, i just dont see the point, and have no time. :frown:

As far as I know, they can't do anything. Just call in and say you're ill?
Reply 5
Original post by Sophie1805
As far as I know, they can't do anything. Just call in and say you're ill?

i think i have to do so, :/
Reply 6
You can do that but universities do look at your attendance in college, don't they?
Original post by katyness
You can do that but universities do look at your attendance in college, don't they?

No, besides we've already got our offers etc. (A2)

Also, attendance is only ever mentioned in references for UCAS, so that's been and gone.
Well, I recommend you don't take too much days off, because your attendance matters although taking a day off for the purpose of revision is totally fine. And at the end of the day your grades count.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 9
Well I am willing to only take couple of, not too much, hopefully can get proper revision done

Quick Reply

Latest