Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Offer revoked

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonfa)
    Conspiracy to commit criminal damage was the offence, the value they said I had caused damage was over £30k. This was one of the primary reasons why I was jailed.

The article below is an example of where people have been jailed, just a couple random one's I have got from google:

http://www.rail-news.com/2010/04/30/...for-18-months/

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/686868-t...ti-gang-jailed

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtime...__270k_damage/
    First one was someone who caused damage up and down the country and was 20. Second was a gang who went around tagging and were also in their 20s. 3rd one sounds even worse, disrupting trains etc and again were in their 20s.

If you caused that amount of damage and were similar to these serial offenders then you probably did deserve going to jail for that length of time. How old were you when you went to jail?

Also the crime you seem to have been punished for is synonymous with gangs, so I wouldn't blame a BB bank for not wanting to hire someone who could have been involved with gangs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonfa)
    Certainly agree, it was stupid of me. I just think the prison was a bit excessive.

My point of this thread was to primarily highlight the fact that IB's may not necessarily look positively at anyone that has a criminal conviction.
    Does any employer look positively at someone with a criminal conviction?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    First one was someone who caused damage up and down the country and was 20. Second was a gang who went around tagging and were also in their 20s. 3rd one sounds even worse, disrupting trains etc and again were in their 20s.

If you caused that amount of damage and were similar to these serial offenders then you probably did deserve going to jail for that length of time. How old were you when you went to jail?

Also the crime you seem to have been punished for is synonymous with gangs, so I wouldn't blame a BB bank for not wanting to hire someone who could have been involved with gangs.
    Finally, someone with a bit of sense. I really would like to expand on this point from both the OP's and the bank's perspective but I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time.

OP you should pursue your passions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose53)
    ... but this summer I've had to do one, and came clean etc throughout the process and explained to them on the phone.
    Were they all fine with it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know I have little to no sympathy for this.

You spent 12 months in prison and want to be in a position where you handle other people's securities (or whatever your trade would be)? No thank you.

Everyone did something he's not proud of, but if you did something severe enough to be put away for 12 months at that age, you don't belong.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 26, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.