The Student Room Group

Mitigating Circumstances HELP

HI guys,

Could anyone give me some advice on this mitigating circumstances letter?

I have to persuade them that due to fact that my mother broke her foot and i had to take care of her it has affected my performance in the recent exams.

This is what i wrote...

I am writing in regards to a recent incident, which has affected my performances in the exams.
On the 02nd of April 2012 my mother has fractured her foot leaving her with very limited mobility. She will be unable to walk with any assistance for a minimum of 2 months. This has had a direct affect on my revisions due to fact that she has difficulties in reallocating without assistance. With her difficulties in moving around I had to help taking care of her with the daily basis duties. As a result I was unable to attend any of the revision classes and could not focus properly while revising from home due to fact that I had to constantly attend to her needs.
This has been a difficult time for me and I believe my performance in the exams would have been a lot better if I was able to attend the revision classes and had more time to concentrate on my studies.

Thank you for your help..
Reply 1
Sounds okay to me, maybe run it by your tutor. You may need to get evidence of it, i.e. evidence of your mothers injury and maybe a statement from her to say you were essentially her carer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending