The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The best way i found for multiple choice was the5 AA theory test book. This helped me pass the muilt choice .. but the hazard part of the test i failed by 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the hazards on the CD the same as the actual hazards on the test?
no, there are example clips on dvds/websites but the real ones are all different to the example ones
Original post by SausageMonkey
no, there are example clips on dvds/websites but the real ones are all different to the example ones

Okay thanks
got my theory tomorrow, keep getting mostly 47+ in mock alot of 49 and 50's but for the hazard i keep getting 48 to 55 so hard aiming for 60's and i dont know why
Original post by pascal122
got my theory tomorrow, keep getting mostly 47+ in mock alot of 49 and 50's but for the hazard i keep getting 48 to 55 so hard aiming for 60's and i dont know why

Good luck
How much in advance should I book my theory test? I've just booked mine in two weeks time which I think is adequate but I'm not sure how much revising I need to do.
Original post by LeaX
How much in advance should I book my theory test? I've just booked mine in two weeks time which I think is adequate but I'm not sure how much revising I need to do.

the earliest i could book mine was over a month in all the theory test centres in south london lol :/

have you taken mock tests? if youre comfortable and pass them every time then you could start revising next week
You guys are wrong mine was solo hard but the case study questions was the hardest! I failed twice with 2 hour a day revision everyday for 1 month
Original post by Tomjackson4562
You guys are wrong mine was solo hard but the case study questions was the hardest! I failed twice with 2 hour a day revision everyday for 1 month

Mind if I ask what materials you used to revise?
Original post by Tomjackson4562

if you wasn't passing the mocks online then you shouldn't of taken it.
i had mine today, it was incredibly easy. once you know it.
Got my theory today and have been on holiday so haven't done too much revision. Hopefully will be able to revise a bit today and I can pass first time :smile:
Done my theory today passed first time I'm so happy 🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻
Hi,

Im doing my theory test in amonth but worried about the Hazard perception
I have been using toptests for the multiple choice and revision questions but I need more hazard perception practice does anyone know any online sources that has a few practice hazard perception tests.
Original post by Gamebreakers
Hi,

I have been using toptests for the multiple choice and revision questions but I need more hazard perception practice does anyone know any online sources that has a few practice hazard perception tests.

I was the same but I passed the hazards they are a lot easier on the test they're cartoon type I'd suggest watch the intro video and wear head phones on the test it helped me
Original post by Gamebreakers
Hi,

There's a few websites that'll have something similar but the real thing, as already stated, is a more cartoony sort of thing and I haven't seen any cartoon like practise tests around, only realistic versions.

This may work in your favour though, I found the cartoon tests to be more predictable than the real life examples, so predictable that I went from high 40's in the realistic practise tests to ~60 in the actual test.
Is the DSA official app your talking about a blue one? Think I've got the correct one 😄
Original post by TheMcSame
There's a few websites that'll have something similar but the real thing, as already stated, is a more cartoony sort of thing and I haven't seen any cartoon like practise tests around, only realistic versions.

This may work in your favour though, I found the cartoon tests to be more predictable than the real life examples, so predictable that I went from high 40's in the realistic practise tests to ~60 in the actual test.

Same I went from 40's/ not passing most of the time as I usually get 42 to the 50's they so much easier on the test
This might be useful for everyone. I asked my instructor if he knows anywhere where I can practice CGI hazard perception and he told me about the Smart Driving App

(available as a PC download, Apple Devices and Android - If your like me and have a windows phone then get the PC version but no matter the format everything is the same.)

You have to sign up either with or without logging in via social media.

On the PC you have :

Videos showing you what to expect on test day, show me tell me, and videos showing help and advice.

Theory - 20 random question or you can practice by topic as well as study guide and help guidelines as well as Mock 50 question tests.

Hazard perception - 2 sets of videos 1 is 14 clips in the old style (videos from and actual car dashbaord) and the other set is 14 CGI clips. These videos are done in test format.

Also as with all apps there is a progress tracker.

This app can be found at http://smartdriving.co.uk/smartdriving/apps/
Reply 79
Guys I have the official DSA Theory and Hazard CD

But I have noticed whilst learning there is nothing on actual road signs...where did you lot learn that from?

Latest

Trending

Trending