Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happened?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'd just like to state that I'm not trolling.

So yesterday night, something quite strange occured, and I'm unsure as to what caused it.
    Before I go to bed, I always check the surrounding of my room, it's just something that I've always done. There was a book placed, on the surface of a chest of drawers, just a few spaces away from my bed. There was also a bag on the floor. Now during the night, I heard a bang, followed by a slight rustle. I got up, only to see that book was on the floor, on top of the bag. Naturally, I was a little freaked out, and confused for that matter.

Now the window was closed shut, so that rules out any wind draft. Even if it was open, I highly doubt I'd be able to blow a sturdy book of it's surface.

No-one came into my room, before anyone decides to mention it.

So, anyone care to share some logical views on the matter?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chuck Norris?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    A ghost.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberwox)
    A ghost.
    It was an option that crossed my mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lucid Psychokinesis

seriously though..
    Do you have any pets? Maybe a cat...or you knocked it over with your hand..
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well the book was obviously not quite balanced, maybe it's on a slight slope and the book was too close to the edge.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you lashed out in your sleep, hit the book from the table, and heard the noise before you fully woke up.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    i suggest sleeping somewhere else tonight?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds poltergeisty. I get stuff like this happening in my house all the time, you get used to it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Well the book was obviously not quite balanced, maybe it's on a slight slope and the book was too close to the edge.
    Nope, I fully remember it being quite some distance from the edge. More so in the middle.

(Original post by MangoFreak)
    Perhaps you lashed out in your sleep, hit the book from the table, and heard the noise before you fully woke up.
    (Original post by nickss)
    Lucid Psychokinesis

seriously though..
    Do you have any pets? Maybe a cat...or you knocked it over with your hand..
    No pets.

The drawer isn't that close to my bed. I'd most likely have had to majorly stretch my arm/hand, or even get up, in order to reach the book.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    maybe it was a spider,
    spider webs are strong
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia =))
    i suggest sleeping somewhere else tonight?
    Maybe, but I can't seem to fall asleep anywhere else, apart from my own bed.

(Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    Sounds poltergeisty. I get stuff like this happening in my house all the time, you get used to it
    Are you kidding?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm

you say you heard a bang and a rustle, this would mean it would have to have hit something hard for the bang and something soft for the rustle? may have been a pet perhaps if it was a thickish book.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    This would be my best bet.

I've done it with a full cup of water that was on my drawers next to the head end of my bed. Let's just say I only keep sealed bottles of water by my bed now.

Even if you were quite far away you could have been sleepwalking and managed to dive back into bed before you woke up and saw the book on the floor :grin:.

Or it really was a ghost...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chill543)
    hmmmm

you say you heard a bang and a rustle, this would mean it would have to have hit something hard for the bang and something soft for the rustle? may have been a pet perhaps if it was a thickish book.
    I assumed the bang was from the book hitting the floor, and the rustle was from the bag, which the book fell on top of.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weird stuff used to happen in my house all the time. A whole stack of cookery books once managed to fall in to the kitchen sink a good two meters away.And several friends who don't know each other have said they've seen a man.Used to creep me out a bit but I don't really believe in ghosts.The book probably just wasn't balanced properly
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmie3303)
    This would be my best bet.

I've done it with a full cup of water that was on my drawers next to the head end of my bed. Let's just say I only keep sealed bottles of water by my bed now.

Even if you were quite far away you could have been sleepwalking and managed to dive back into bed before you woke up and saw the book on the floor :grin:.

Or it really was a ghost...
    Hmm. I hope I wasn't sleepwalking.

I tend to sleep quite close to the wall, so I had my back facing the drawer/book. The moment I heard the noise, I turned round to see the book on the floor. So I really don't think I knocked it off during the night.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Hmm. I hope I wasn't sleepwalking.

I tend to sleep quite close to the wall, so I had my back facing the drawer/book. The moment I heard the noise, I turned round to see the book on the floor. So I really don't think I knocked it off during the night.
    This just gets more creepy by the second :grin:. Maybe everything in your room springs to life when you're asleep :p:. Either that or you've got an extremely stealthy, speedy family member who was playing a trick on you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    I assumed the bang was from the book hitting the floor, and the rustle was from the bag, which the book fell on top of.
    oh, thought it was a soft bag, not like a asda bag :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmie3303)
    This just gets more creepy by the second :grin:. Maybe everything in your room springs to life when you're asleep :p:. Either that or you've got an extremely stealthy, speedy family member who was playing a trick on you!

:laugh: If only that were the case.

Sure is. I couldn't fall asleep after.

(Original post by chill543)
    oh, thought it was a soft bag, not like a asda bag :P
    Haha, nope.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.