The Student Room Group

I have literally nothing in my life

I'm 18 and in year 13. I'm hopefully going to uni in September. I have no friends at all; most of my school despise me (because I'm gay). I feel sick and want to throw up all the time and always feel like I want to faint. I don't like living with my family. I volunteer at weekends but that's gotten boring now. I'm not sure what to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
You have internet, that's not "literally nothing"... Now seriously, you're hopefully leaving your bad time at school behind in September - what's better than a fresh start?
Reply 3
Anyone else?
Errrr me too?
ha
Original post by Flyteryder
I'm 18 and in year 13. I'm hopefully going to uni in September. I have no friends at all; most of my school despise me (because I'm gay). I feel sick and want to throw up all the time and always feel like I want to faint. I don't like living with my family. I volunteer at weekends but that's gotten boring now. I'm not sure what to do.

Wait till you get to uni and meet some open minded and new people.

I will talk to you if you have nobody else:smile: Drop me a message, I'm usually good company if you're that bored.

You'll be fine, keep doing your volunteering and aim for uni :smile:
Reply 6
Look on the bright side, your off to uni in september so its a chance for a fresh start with fresh new people. You'll forget all about this when you go away.
Reply 7
Original post by Flyteryder

I'd say you need to adopt a new attitude, 'i dont give a **** what you all think' would probably be the best. You aint here to please anyone, who cares if you're gay? You sound like you're really nervous/anxious? Try being abit more open, polite. There's people out there who'll happily be your friend but sometimes you have to make the effort. If you attitude is **** then you'll end up back to square one. Look at uni as a new beginning, smile and talk to people, you'll share a common interest with people in the subject you're doing. Sounds cliche but you only live once, you should be loving life, not depressed with it.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending