Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwertyG)
    I feel like this during exam times as well
    Got exams coming up in a few days, I feel the same LMAO
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the opening of a Bill Bailey gig.

"Well, the rate of expansion of the Universe is slowing down. And eventually will reverse entirely, leading to a Big Crunch, rendering all human endeavours ultimately pointless.

...Just to get the gig in some sort of context."

And yeah, life is pointless. Pointless and short. Said the sentient piece of carbon.
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    You missed the point of my post maybe I worded it wrong, I was trying to say why do you always feel the need to put yourself down in nearly all your posts? Your probably exaggerating about your looks, as most of us tend to criticise ourselves harder than others do. Where in my post did I say beautiful people are the only one's who can speak their mind?
    You're complaining about what I'm writing.

I'm not putting myself down, I'm not pretty at all.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    it's your choice. at the end of the day if you don't want to live that way only you have the power to change things.

life is beautiful

how did you get so much pos anyway? TSR is full of pessimists...
    Typical student culture. It's 'cool' to be negative.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyone ends up the same way, and we all end up in the same pathetically confined lives. Why the **** is there any point?
    The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I do accept the fact that I'm ugly. FFS, I've been saying it all the time - of course I know I am.

No, I don't care. Because I'm not beautiful, damn right I have the right to speak my mind.

So what - only beautiful people can speak their mind?
    Beautiful people are in no way superior to "ugly" people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This Thread Is ****ing Pointless - Why Bother?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    You're complaining about what I'm writing.

I'm not putting myself down, I'm not pretty at all.
    Why feel the need to post it on the majority of your posts then? Try concentrating on something positive about yourself. Such as being academic.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You sound pretty down about life. Why not save some money and go travelling? Definetely will change your perspective on things...some places in this world are truly incredible.

You can't blame everyone else for your lack of exposure to the world out there
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two quotes for you to consider OP.

“As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. … That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life… Meaning is only found when you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind.”

“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”

Similar, give the same message

(Original post by Bellissima)
    my answer would be no, mainly because you could potentially ruin the lives of others and i do think people who seriously consider/attempt suicide are in need of a lot of help, whether psycological, physical or just support.

there are options you can take, you need to confront what you don't like about living and make a change where possible. don't like living in this country? pack up and move. there is an entire world out there... you aren't just confined to one place. i'm not really sure what you mean by confined lives because imo you can break out of that it really just depends on what you want out of life and what you are willing to do in order to change.
    No, I have simply realised the truth about the world. But not just realised that futility, but I know it - I already made the point earlier that there is difference between those who 'understand' and those who understand. I can't see the point in life. I don't see myself as psychologically or physically in need of help - simply that I've finally comprehended a truth about the universe which has plague me for a while. I don't like living in this world, not this country. It is a world of hatred and sorry promises, of vomit enducing 'love' and of an alleged 'equality'. But I know the truth, like many others. And when someone like me realises the truth they not only lose faith in everything but they also see there are no boundaries of morality, nothing stops them - when someone's spirit breaks completely they become the most dangerous to everyone else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It may seem pointless now, but it does get better. Life is what you make it, so therefore you shouldn't feel like it'll always be crap, you can change it and make it better !
    It does always end the same way yeah, but everyone gets to that same place differently, might as well enjoy the ride whilst you can
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, I have simply realised the truth about the world. But not just realised that futility, but I know it - I already made the point earlier that there is difference between those who 'understand' and those who understand. I can't see the point in life. I don't see myself as psychologically or physically in need of help - simply that I've finally comprehended a truth about the universe which has plague me for a while. I don't like living in this world, not this country. It is a world of hatred and sorry promises, of vomit enducing 'love' and of an alleged 'equality'. But I know the truth, like many others. And when someone like me realises the truth they not only lose faith in everything but they also see there are no boundaries of morality, nothing stops them - when someone's spirit breaks completely they become the most dangerous to everyone else.
    If everyone thought like this, the world you hate so much would just be even more miserable. Hypocrite at all?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ends up the same way, and we all end up in the same pathetically confined lives. Why the **** is there any point?
    Not everyone lives a 'pathetically confined' life.I recently read an article about a couple who sold everything and they've spent the past 40 something years sailing the world.Life is what you make it!

(Original post by graemematt)
    If everyone thought like this, the world you hate so much would just be even more miserable. Hypocrite at all?
    No, it would simply mean everyone else would know the futility of the world and would be as miserable as I am now. But I guess I should ask, why should I bother to try to communicate a message which is not only sad but true, but also one which no one wants to hear?

No one wants to know the truth because no one wants to be miserable. But I've lost enough to be miserable anyway - there's little point in me not knowing it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    you live the life you choose to lead (or at least to some degree)
    Sure there might not be any 'point', but there's a little bit of beauty in the world which can make a whole dull 'pointless' life seem worth living.

If you don't want to live a 'confined life' you could pack up your belongings and become a traveler/ a person of serious spontaneity. (people do it, it's not at all easy, but it's done)

Life is short and not a big holiday, best you can do is experience as much as possible and try and make life as pleasant and smooth as you can for others and yourself :dontknow:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, it would simply mean everyone else would know the futility of the world and would be as miserable as I am now. But I guess I should ask, why should I bother to try to communicate a message which is not only sad but true, but also one which no one wants to hear?

No one wants to know the truth because no one wants to be miserable. But I've lost enough to be miserable anyway - there's little point in me not knowing it.
    Well its only "true" as you want to know it. Facts are never subjective. They're objective analyses of multiple subjective opinions. I know you don't want to see anyone to help with this, but I would recommend you speak to someone you know who might be able to offer an alternative perspective on life...open a discussion, face to face maybe?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try and break the mould? Live your life for yourself and get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of it as possible?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ~so edgy~

But seriously, something doesn't have to have a point or a purpose to be meaningful and worthwhile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay, existentialism!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.