The Student Room Group

How do CIE calculate their iGCSE English Language Grade Boundaries? Grade Calculation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sahajkaur
just did some research
72% literature A*
85% language A*

they just want us to work hard

How sure are you? I messed up my exam, got 46/50 for coursework - is this bad?
so i would need about 42/50 or something in this exam? I really need A*s....and this cie grade boundary thing is annoyingly kept in the dark. :angry:
Original post by smooshh
JC?

Julius Caesar
Original post by ocelot92
How sure are you? I messed up my exam, got 46/50 for coursework - is this bad?
so i would need about 42/50 or something in this exam? I really need A*s....and this cie grade boundary thing is annoyingly kept in the dark. :angry:

Yes! thats it dont worry. English departments and CIE are b****s because think about it everyone in this country is *** at english so the grade boundaries cant be scaled high :smile:
Original post by smooshh
JC?

julius caesar - shakespeare
Reply 24
just did some research
72% literature A*
85% language A*

they just want us to work hard

i am fairly certain literature is 80 something too
Original post by smooshh
i am fairly certain literature is 80 something too

With all due respect, no. Our english department has a chief examiner who revealed to us last year's boundaries.
With all due respect, no. Our english department has a chief examiner who revealed to us last year's boundaries.

do you have a rough inclination of what the grade boundaries are going to be like for this year? will it more or less be around 72% from your knowledge? or in case the chief examiner from your department told you.
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
do you have a rough inclination of what the grade boundaries are going to be like for this year? will it more or less be around 72% from your knowledge? or in case the chief examiner from your department told you.

I emailed her and asked because I was feeling a bit nervous. She said it's hard to predict but she thinks they won't shift into the 80s and stay generally where they are.
I emailed her and asked because I was feeling a bit nervous. She said it's hard to predict but she thinks they won't shift into the 80s and stay generally where they are.

thanks, let's hope she's right. what topics did you study?
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
thanks, let's hope she's right. what topics did you study?

For literature?

Julius Caesar, Gatsby, Songs you?
For literature?

Julius Caesar, Gatsby, Songs you?

i did tennyson, only difference.
Reply 31
They're not on the internet, one of the Chief examiners from CIE is an English Teacher at our school although she doesn't ever disclose ANYTHING about the exam she did just send us an email putting our minds at ease about the grade boundaries :smile:

I heard it's a lot less than that for language?
Original post by ak2109

what did you think it was?
Original post by ak2109

No it's definitely 85%
No it's definitely 85%

Does the 85% include the coursework?

I know I have done well in all of my coursework, including the control assessment, but I am feeling iffy about the exam.
Original post by elfandwonderful
Does the 85% include the coursework?

I know I have done well in all of my coursework, including the control assessment, but I am feeling iffy about the exam.

Overall 85%
Reply 36
oh, I don't do coursework?
Original post by ak2109
oh, I don't do coursework?

some people do cw some dont. chill grade boundaries still apply overall
Reply 38
I hear different things all the time...this is stupid
Original post by ak2109
I hear different things all the time...this is stupid

Well let this be the last judgement.

Quick Reply