The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Biology 2012 !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Is the term "genetically identical" ok to use, because my teacher barely came in so I don't have any model answers. Is anyone knows any please share?
oh no oh no oh no, so unprepared. only topic I've fully revised is animal survival.
Original post by kaleidoscope
oh no oh no oh no, so unprepared. only topic I've fully revised is animal survival.

Calm down- you'll be fine. :hugs: I guarantee you know more than you think. Don't panic. :smile:
Reply 43
:eek: oh my god i know nothing
Original post by kaleidoscope

Yeah, don't worry :smile: I didn't revise fully anything, just wee chunks and I plan to get a 1 or 2 :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 45
Only began revision today (well yesterday) and I got to topic 2 but then decided to do a past paper instead. Passed it and realised I didn't need to do much studying. I'll probably look over some plant things now thanks to my messed up sleeping pattern.
Reply 46
oh my days :smile: you don't know how good it feels to know i'm not the only one who isn't properly prepared. This is the only exam i'm stressed over, done quick revision over every topic today, but still weak on inheritance/biotechnology... eek hope they make this exam straightforward :| My sleeping pattern is messed up also, but it's too late to change that, I'm going to finish my past papers then do some light revision in the morning. All the best to you all.
Yes, pretty unprepared but the problem solving questions are usually straightforward and bring my marks up, well here's hoping! Haha good luck to everyone :smile: who knows why I'm still awake.. Gonna go and try sleep!
It was fairly easy. This was the easiest exam I sat tbh.
But there were a few questions that I had to guess because I had no idea what to write.

Like in the Credit one: "What is the general name for sex cells in plants and animals?" or something like that... What was the answer?
I've put "reproductive" but it was a pure guess.

I also stuck at the fermentation question. What else is produced other than alcohol... And it was methane :s-smilie: I wrote carbohydrate and someone in my class wrote cheese :biggrin: Lol

Also the enzyme and sewage questions. I didn't have any idea what to write.
Reply 49
That wasn't really a bad paper.
Just hope I wasn't too vague on questions when I didn't really know what to write. As usual, the PS was generous. The opening half of the Credit paper's KU questions I thought were very good, I seemed to slow down a bit in the middle of the paper but the KU questions at the end were fine which was good.
Fingers crossed for a 1 and hopefully everyone did well :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Nessie162
It was fairly easy. This was the easiest exam I sat tbh.
But there were a few questions that I had to guess because I had no idea what to write.

Like in the Credit one: "What is the general name for sex cells in plants and animals?" or something like that... What was the answer?
I've put "reproductive" but it was a pure guess.

I also stuck at the fermentation question. What else is produced other than alcohol... And it was methane :s-smilie: I wrote carbohydrate and someone in my class wrote cheese :biggrin: Lol

Also the enzyme and sewage questions. I didn't have any idea what to write.

The answer I wrote for that qs was Gametes.
yeap it went pretty well. I agree that in the credit some question were worded unusually but oh well :smile:
Reply 51
The name for the cells i think was gametes. It was not too bad i think there were some quite difficult ones though:smile:
Reply 52
Can someone tell me if i were to get a 3 for KU a 1 for PS and i already have a 1 for practical... What would my overall be? :groovy:
Reply 53
Original post by Spee
Can someone tell me if i were to get a 3 for KU a 1 for PS and i already have a 1 for practical... What would my overall be? :groovy:

I'm pretty sure it would be a 2. :smile:
Reply 54
It wasn't too bad. Hoping for a 1 but definitely a 2.
I have to say that was pretty easy. Grade 1 no doubt methinks. The one question I did not answer was what they call the name for animals migrating at different periods of time. (Or something like that.)
I thought that went really well. Credit Bio was slightly easier than credit chem
Original post by TheTeaTheory
I have to say that was pretty easy. Grade 1 no doubt methinks. The one question I did not answer was what they call the name for animals migrating at different periods of time. (Or something like that.)

If I'm thinking of the right question isn't that rhythmical behaviour?
Reply 58
I found this really hard O.o harder than chemistry by far. The question which annoyed me most was the 'how is urea transported to the kidneys' what was the answer? as for the sex cell one, its definitely gametes.
Still hoping i got myself a 2 though :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by TheTeaTheory

I thought it was rhythmic behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending