Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you listen to mp3 in the car?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still burning blank CDs but it's getting ridiculous because there's a lot of music and consequently a lot of CDs in my car. I would really like to listen to my mp3 instead so is there some sort of technology that would allow me to do this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can get an FM transmitter that plugs into your MP3 player which you can then pick up on your car radio. My car has an Aux input so I plug my MP3 player into that using a jack. Just search MP3 FM transmitter.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had one of those a year or two ago but it wasn't very good because you had to turn the radio up really loud to hear the music and the radio wasn't very good at picking up the mp3.

So can you get better quality ones?

Ta for the reply btw, don't want to throw it back in your face lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use a Parrot bluetooth kit. It's got it's own (small) amp and bluetooth/ipod/USB/3.5mm jack interfaces. Not loud, not cheap, but I bought it for the handsfree capability. Sound quality isn't brilliant, but it's playing MP3s in my car so never going to be audiophile standard. It's loud enough to rattle the wing mirrors but that might just say more about the build quality of French cars :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have a stereo that can play MP3s just burn a data CD.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    My radio has a USB input. I've loaded up a USB stick with a few tracks and use that. The problem is it only plays the songs in alphabetical order, but the advantage of using it instead of an AUX port is that you control the playback via the radio, not your MP3 player.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have a tape deck you can get a tape that plugs into your iPod really cheaply from loads of places.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    If you have a tape deck you can get a tape that plugs into your iPod really cheaply from loads of places.
    Yep I have one of these, I got it from tesco! As our car is old and only has a tape player
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought a radio that has "Ipod Connectivity" so I can plug in my Ipod and control it with the radio Although I still seems to just use the radio...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get the stereo replaced

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.