The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Storm
I'm looking at getting 36 /40 for multichoice I think. Not sure for Section B, anyone got pictures of it?

I give in, i will upload pics in a sec. Ignore all of the exam scribbles haha!
Here you go guys:
Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Paper 1 & 2
Please ignore the scribbles and the quality.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/18n4xqqyce6lq11/9SnzEGnjmk

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Answers Paper 1 & 2
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BzditDQPgNG6UgH-vZFc6OgbarlE-idKcK88yDDptaM/edit
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi again,
You know for Q10 b, I thought that it would be 1st order even if the graph was sloping because if you look at the numbers, when you increase B from 0.0015 to 0.003, the time deceases by half from 60s to 30s. And since the factor that you change B doesn't matter and its only the factor of the change of rate that affects what order it is it would be first order. Basically, regardless of how much you change the concentration of B, if you see a change by a factor of 2 in the rate of change ( or time in this case) then it has to be first order. ( At least thats what my chemistry teacher told me).

Or is it simply zero order because its not a straight line graph? (Havent come across any graphs like this in the Bright red revision book so I don't know.)
Original post by Marcus4004
Here you go guys:
Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Paper 1 & 2
Please ignore the scribbles and the quality.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/18n4xqqyce6lq11/9SnzEGnjmk

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Answers Paper 1 & 2
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BzditDQPgNG6UgH-vZFc6OgbarlE-idKcK88yDDptaM/edit

Thanks alot!

I'm looking at an A :smile:
Original post by Luke_Storm
Thanks alot!

I'm looking at an A :smile:

Sweeeeet well done mate! What band do you think?
I think band 2.. But if my project goes down well I might scrape a band 1? Can't be too sure!
Reply 266
Original post by AeroLB
How about the complex ion [Cu(CN)2]-?

I think I called it dicyanocuprrate (II), and am paranoid that i will be penalised for misspelling cuprate! I'm notoriously bad at naming.

Don't worry, I spelled it with 2 p's :wink:
I think the Oxidation or Charge number of Cuprate was (I) not (II) however. I could be wrong, I can't quite remember everything...

I am horrible at Organic Chemistry, quite miraculous I could even answer some things. Think I am looking at around 64 percent, so not too bad, only need a C for University and I know I have around 30 in Multiple Choice.
Original post by Dhill94
Don't worry, I spelled it with 2 p's :wink:

I called it bi instead of di, I think I win! :tongue:
I Just checked the answers and I think I've done well, but I've probably forgotten what my actual answers were haha :wink:
I Need to get a C, think I should have got that :biggrin: and my teacher says my investigation should be over 20 :biggrin:
Reply 270
For 13b, if you look at the reaction at the top it has it going to benzoic acid, not sodium benzoate. I understand that antibumping crystals is correct as it says flask, but I feel that putting that reaction at the top was misleading as you need HCl at some point to get there. Then again the solubility product multiple choice question had the misleading GFM which confused me for about 10 minutes, I guess the SQA want to be misleading :smile:
So guys.....I asked my teacher today about question 10 and she said that a) is 0 and b) is 1.
Original post by adam_johnson
So guys.....I asked my teacher today about question 10 and she said that a) is 0 and b) is 1.

I have changed the answers. :smile: (Looking at the question i see what you mean about the excess!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rp1401
For 13b, if you look at the reaction at the top it has it going to benzoic acid, not sodium benzoate. I understand that antibumping crystals is correct as it says flask, but I feel that putting that reaction at the top was misleading as you need HCl at some point to get there. Then again the solubility product multiple choice question had the misleading GFM which confused me for about 10 minutes, I guess the SQA want to be misleading :smile:

I see what you mean bro! Same sort of thing for 14)a)ii) NaOH is required to produce the phenylamine, but they missed that out!

Yeh that GFM was evil, made me feel not very confident in my answer (but they do that most years in MC)!
Reply 274
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any notes for Advanced Chemistry on their computer that they could maybe send me? I'm taking it next year, but the teacher is nutorious for being rubbish. Anything at all would be so appreciated! :smile: And good luck for August!
Reply 275
Original post by kirstyhr
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any notes for Advanced Chemistry on their computer that they could maybe send me? I'm taking it next year, but the teacher is nutorious for being rubbish. Anything at all would be so appreciated! :smile: And good luck for August!

I just used the Brightred revision text book which I think was brilliant. If your school dnt provide it, order it! Covers everything you need to know
Original post by kirstyhr

I made my own notes all the way through while using a few websites like scholar.. it meant I understood everything in a way I could make sense of things :smile: Just provided that you spend alot of time on the notes, they can be really useful. They certainly helped me in my prelims and exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending