The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
what did everyone get for the % yeild mass question?
13e?

I got 3.358g i think
Original post by Babb_zz
Right im scanning the paper, See how nice i am :smile: btw ignore the pencil marking on the paper, those are my multiple choice answers, probs got them wrong *rolls eyes*

but again, SAKJLFBSUDFGOBSDB to that paper, did anyone get that ion question in the multiple choice, what block was it in? :smile:

d block I said. But on reflection, cerium fit the bill for number of electrons, actually... :tongue:
If it has 55 electrons in its 3+ form, its elemental form has 58 electrons and thus atomic number 58. Cerium. So that's the f-block. T_T
Original post by AeroLB
We were to draw a graph? :O I drew the molecule :smile: whoopsie.

At least you answered the question, I've just realised I missed out that whole page! WHOOPSIE :rolleyes:
Reply 103
How about the complex ion [Cu(CN)2]-?

I think I called it dicyanocuprrate (II), and am paranoid that i will be penalised for misspelling cuprate! I'm notoriously bad at naming.
Original post by KeeranL
what did everyone get for the % yeild mass question?
13e?

I got 3.358g i think

I Got that! :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by AeroLB

I think I called it dicyanocuprrate (II), and am paranoid that i will be penalised for misspelling cuprate! I'm notoriously bad at naming.

i named it dicyanocupratte(I)
Original post by AeroLB

Isnt the oxidation state of copper 1?
Reply 107
Original post by jordan0141

haha yes :biggrin:

At least I won't have to worry about if it was right or not haha One of the many silly mistakes made today...
Reply 108
Original post by jordan0141

i said 1
Reply 109
I really want to be able to mark my multi choice answers
Reply 110
for question 12a i put:
S2C8H14O2
but i origionally had
S2C9H14O2

im worried now:frown: what did everyone else put?
My Multiple choice answers were:
ADDBB ACCAB CDDBA AACCD DCBDB ACDAB AABDB BCADD
Got mixed up with the prefix when it's dentate and wrote bicyanocupprate(I)

whoops :tongue:
Original post by KeeranL
for question 12a i put:
S2C8H14O2
but i origionally had
S2C9H14O2

so did I
[QUOTE="adam_johnson;37541840"]
Original post by KeeranL
for question 12a i put:
S2C8H14O2
but i origionally had
S2C9H14O2

so did I

I wrote it with a COOH at the end I think so and I remember having 13 H's and 2 S's (think I got 8 C's as well). So yeah, same as you both I think. Although, would they accept it as S2C8H13COOH? :redface:
Reply 115
[QUOTE="why-hello-there;37541946"]
Original post by adam_johnson

I wrote it with a COOH at the end I think so and I remember having 13 H's and 2 S's (think I got 8 C's as well). So yeah, same as you both I think. Although, would they accept it as S2C8H13COOH? :redface:

Yeah, this is correct, of course they should accept it, as it clearly shows the carboxyl group.
Original post by adam_johnson
My Multiple choice answers were:
ADDBB ACCAB CDDBA AACCD DCBDB ACDAB AABDB BCADD

I hope you're right, I got 26 in that case (if not a couple more which I forgot.)
My multiple choice answers. Some of which I already know are wrong.
ACCAB BDCAA CDDBA AACCD
CCDDB DCDBB ABBDB CDACD

:smile: X
For the ligand complex, I wrote that it was Dicyanocuprate (I) (correct spelling, not sure if correct answer).

As for that Proton NMR question and the question referring to Tetrahydrofuran...no idea.

Quick Reply