Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

'Total war' against Muslims

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rab22)
    they still qualify as muslims...
    why would people who are not Arabs and not Sunni claim to lead the Arab world?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rab22)
    It could be...but is boasting your power wrong ???
    US boasts as being the worlds super power...
    at one time so did USSR...
    but i dont think so any one us would like some one coming into our house and telling us what to do ???
    you have misunderstood me, i am objecting to the statement you made about irans nuclear agenda being a threat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkTitan)
    God I loled so hard at this XD

1)He was illiterate
    2) Bet you didn't know this much but the Quran is recited whole, letter by letter every Ramadan back then, just as it is now. In its entirety it's a recitation.

You really lightened up my day lol

Shhh don't tell the american people that...they might throw a peanut at you!
    hahahahahhah...
    shhhh...dun tell them thrs a peanut thr...thy might eat that aswell :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterOkenla11)
    you have misunderstood me, i am objecting to the statement you made about irans nuclear agenda being a threat.
    i didnt mean to say its a threat....i meant to ameraica its a threat...i bloody believe that everybody should keep to their self and stop interfering in other peoples business...dun we have enough problems of our own ???
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    Yes, but it's not simply 'a book', it's meant to be a set of instructions.

It is similar to if I wrote a set of instructions for building a table, and said in the book that it had to followed to the letter, then in a few generations time, many carpenters believed that my teachings were the only, proper, correct way to build tables, and these people are called Naji-ists. After a while, some carpenters think over it for a while and decide that perhaps some modifications should be made to the making of tables. They appreciate the foundations of what I had written, but do not follow it exactly, but they still call themselves Naji-ists.

At the end of the day, my instructions are my instructions. True Naji-ists would follow my instructions perfectly, like I told them to. If you don't, you are not a Naji-ist, plain and simple.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

EDIT: Just so you know what I mean.

I don't think you addressed my post in this response. I understood what you meant by this before, but as I said:

The question is then what do you define as 'Islam' - the theoretical religion that everyone SHOULD follow, or the combination of 'full followers' and 'part followers' that exists in reality?
    you seem to be defining Islam as the theoretical instructions that everyone SHOULD follow. I think a more appropriate definition is what people actually are like, and what they do follow. Especially since this topic is about a course that taught the US military how to deal with actual muslims in the real world, not a theoretical religion that people may or may not follow: although Islam as a theoretical religion may not be moderate, Muslims (who I define as people who call themselves Muslim) definitely are IRL.

Of course we could disagree on what the appropriate definition of islam/muslim is in this context, but just giving you my opinion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    why would people who are not Arabs and not Sunni claim to lead the Arab world?
    to be honest i dont know...but i do appreciate that fact that they are the only ones with enough balls to stand up for what they believe in to a bully where all other nations pretty much dont do anything about
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freier._.lance)
    If I argued that 'Christ' was not a "true Christian", what would you say?
    I'd say you were right. He was a Jew.

(Original post by nish81)
    I don't think you addressed my post in this response. I understood what you meant by this before, but as I said:

you seem to be defining Islam as the theoretical instructions that everyone SHOULD follow. I think a more appropriate definition is what people actually are like, and what they do follow. Especially since this topic is about a course that taught the US military how to deal with actual muslims in the real world, not a theoretical religion that people may or may not follow: although Islam as a theoretical religion may not be moderate, Muslims (who I define as people who call themselves Muslim) definitely are IRL.

Of course we could disagree on what the appropriate definition of islam/muslim is in this context, but just giving you my opinion
    I see what you mean. That's why I said 'Islam is a fundamentalist belief', rather than 'Muslims (or at least those who call themselves Muslim) are fundamentalists'.

When it comes to determining what those who call themselves Muslims believe, you can either ask a broad cross-section or look to their holy texts. There's not much else we can do.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    Atheist?

Iranians aren't arabs and they're Shias not Sunnis
    1) The common link is islam.
    2) I didnot say they are arabs, they want to lead the arab world.
    3) the denomination of islam is irrelevant.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a new Total War game.

As for the article, it's disappointing to hear but in no way surprising.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    I suppose you'd be OK with gassing millions of Jews as well? Or is it the case that because they're Muslim it's fine?
    Don't feed the troll.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cumquat)
    Its a shame that this is the world that we live in. Why cant we all just live in harmony. Ghandi would sort us all out.
    Sure, if you like the idea of returning to a poor, pre-industrial life.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

I see what you mean. That's why I said 'Islam is a fundamentalist belief', rather than 'Muslims (or at least those who call themselves Muslim) are fundamentalists'.

When it comes to determining what those who call themselves Muslims believe, you can either ask a broad cross-section or look to their holy texts. There's not much else we can do.

Ah right I see. I agree with you on that (given that what you say about the Qu'ran is true, I don't know much about theoretical Islamic beliefs etc myself).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

You seem to exhibit a "them and us" mentality, whereby you have to have a picture of what a "real Muslim" is, whereas the idea of what a Christian is can be as diverse as you wish it to be. Obviously strict adherence to the book is not possible, as there are many interpretations of each part of the book, same as with the Bible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freier._.lance)
    You seem to exhibit a "them and us" mentality, whereby you have to have a picture of what a "real Muslim" is, whereas the idea of what a Christian is can be as diverse as you wish it to be. Obviously strict adherence to the book is not possible, as there are many interpretations of each part of the book, same as with the Bible.
    I'm not a Christian if that's what you're thinking...

And I'm basically trying to say that Islam and Christianity are two different things, as they're two different types of belief, with Islam being more authoritative and Christianity being more of a suggestion.

It'd probably be more worthwhile comparing Judaism and Islam, as they seem to be more similar.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Christian if that's what you're thinking...

And I'm basically trying to say that Islam and Christianity are two different things, as they're two different types of belief, with Islam being more authoritative and Christianity being more of a suggestion.

It'd probably be more worthwhile comparing Judaism and Islam, as they seem to be more similar.
    If Christians believe that "Christ" was God, I would say that is pretty authoritative, wouldn't you say?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    However, the Quran is meant to be a perfect, flawless text, so it can be argued that there are 'true Muslims', meaning those who follow it entirely.
    It does, but it's a bit more complicated than that.

The Qur'an is still open to interpretation in some areas, which is largely due to the eloquent language it uses. Also, even when the language is clear on an issue, it becomes a little more hazy when the context of the verse comes into play. That's why there Muslims with beliefs encompassing the whole spectrum all claim to follow the Qur'an to the letter.

Furthermore, the Qur'an doesn't deal with every issue. That's where the Hadiths come in. And we all know how potentially unreliable some Hadiths are based on chain of narration.

All in all, while the Qur'an does claim to be perfect, Muslims will still differ in their respective views because of interpretation and (lack of) knowledge. The only one who would know which view is right or wrong, at the end, is Allah (if he exists).
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh Dear. I wish people in the world over would keep their political opinions to themselves and we just all could play ****ing happy family and get along!

If Aliens landed today, who'd be more afraid??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    Pretty grim.
    thats no different to what Hitler did to the Jews! Ridiculous ignorant people coming out with discrimination from every bit of their sad face!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsweetiepiexx)
    thats no different to what Hitler did to the Jews! Ridiculous ignorant people coming out with discrimination from every bit of their sad face!
    Sorry?! Are you suggesting that the Holocaust was perfectly acceptable then?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how can you fight them when they wear their invisibilty cloaks?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.