The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Scarborough campus accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey just looking for anyone who knows abit about the area i know i want to be off campus self catered and kind of got it down to 3 places The George, Crown Crescent, Attenborough. could someone give me some advice on telling me which would be the best to stayy in rung up today and apparently none of any accomodation is full yet
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
hey, I'll be doing marine biology and will be moving into Attenborough House, I'm really looking forward to it! :smile:
Original post by sdh12345
hey just looking for anyone who knows abit about the area i know i want to be off campus self catered and kind of got it down to 3 places The George, Crown Crescent, Attenborough. could someone give me some advice on telling me which would be the best to stayy in rung up today and apparently none of any accomodation is full yet

It really depends on what type of accomodation you want - A big place with lots of people, somewhere close to uni etc
Hiiiiii

Can anybody recommend any student accomadtion or university private owned accomadation ?

Im starting in September (3weeks and counting!) the PGCE Early years course and not only need some advice about accomadation but would like to meet some people on the same course !

Hayley
hey just looking for anyone who knows abit about the area i know i want to be off campus self catered and kind of got it down to 3 places The George, Crawford House and Attenborough. could someone give me some advice on telling me which would be the best to stayy in rung up today and apparently none of any accomodation is full yet

i'm from Brazil and very nervous about going to live in another country!!
Please, somebody help!
Reply 25
Original post by analuisaosilva
hey just looking for anyone who knows abit about the area i know i want to be off campus self catered and kind of got it down to 3 places The George, Crawford House and Attenborough. could someone give me some advice on telling me which would be the best to stayy in rung up today and apparently none of any accomodation is full yet

Please, somebody help!

I think I just replied to you on another message but all 3 of them are nice probably the George is the nicest to look at. I lived in Attenborough last year though and loved it so much so I'm going to say there :smile:. depends what your looking for, the George and Attenborough are in town and about 25 min walk to uni also a good size
Original post by analuisaosilva

Please, somebody help!

Hi there. I was the house warden (a "head of house" and representative to the Accomodation Office of Crawford House in the term just gone and I'm going to be a joint warden of Attenborough House next year.

Both Crawford and Attenborough stand at 24 bedrooms (including Wardens) big whilst The George is our biggest student house at 32 bedrooms.

Crawford is a lovely building set in a historic terrace about mile between the campus and the town centre with a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. It's an old meets modern feel with LED lighting in all bedrooms, a huge common room in the basement, decent sized kitchen and a "quiet lounge" which we used upstairs for films and gaming on the XBOX 360, surround sound and television I provided. It's traditionally been a "family" atmosphere with most of the house bonding as a group, but we have had international students who prefer to keep themselves to themselves too.

Attenborough and The George are both located in town with The George being closest to all the bars and nightclubs if you like your nights out.

I can only imagine it being a scary experience coming to live in the UK, but don't worry there's plenty of support for international students here with a wide diversity of people. We had a French guy in my house last year who's English wasn't the best at first, but he joined in with a lot of things and I proofread some of his assignments and he loved it. His English improved tenfold and he was one of our most soical, loved and respected housemates by the end of the year.

Quick Reply

Latest