Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to lose more weight?

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King James)
    May I say well done, I'm still overweight and trying to shift it. btw how long did you low carb for?
    Well, I'm still doing it but not quite as meticulously. About a year, though.

I still wouldn't dream of consuming:

Bread
    Rice
    Pasta
    Soft drinks
    Anything with added sugar
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beepbeeprichie)

Bread
    Rice
    Pasta
    Soft drinks
    Psh, just keep the calories at the right level and you can eat whatever you want.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a healthy weight but I'm skinny-fat now, which may be your problem too! Doing weights and eating well should solve this, but it's not easy!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Bread
    Rice
    Pasta
    Soft drinks
    I've lost 3 stone in about year and eaten ALL of that, i actually eat bread and rice daily and sugar is a part of my diet. I think you may be bordering on an eating disorder if you "wouldn't dream of" eating those foods. None of them are no gos in small amount and you'll be fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! You must have the will power of a beast. I cant even shift 5 pounds. Yeah, but dont lose any more weight, just get doing some sit-ups
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phiddy23)
    No not fat, I would say put more emphasis now on weight training etc. What looks like fat is prob just loose skin so keep eating healthily and doing exercise, but I wouldn't want to lose any more weight if I were you.
    yes he needs to lose fat. since hes been cutting so long, its worth getting down to 10% before bulking.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    I've lost 3 stone in about year and eaten ALL of that, i actually eat bread and rice daily and sugar is a part of my diet. I think you may be bordering on an eating disorder if you "wouldn't dream of" eating those foods. None of them are no gos in small amount and you'll be fine.
    how does that boarder an eating disorder?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Low carb.

Need to exercise properly to get rid of the flabby skin mate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic Holroyd)
    Congratulations! You must have the will power of a beast. I cant even shift 5 pounds. Yeah, but dont lose any more weight, just get doing some sit-ups

I hope you're not advising him to do sit-ups in order to get rid of the fat, because that wont happen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    I hope you're not advising him to do sit-ups in order to get rid of the fat, because that wont happen.
    i would post youmustbenewhere.jpeg

but obviously not..

99.9% of 'help' here is counter-productive, usless, or dangerous.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evidence for this?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hr30)
    It may not be a case of losing weight but toning up. Dramatic weight loss can cause you to have excess skin that makes you look 'fat'.
    This
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Evidence for this?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spot+reduction+fat+impossible
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's spot reduction and we're not talking about that; since the OP has done no exercise, some form of exercise routine might help him on his whole figure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

why is spot reduction impossible? then how is spot gains possible?

train biceps your gonna gain biceps etcc
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    That's spot reduction and we're not talking about that; since the OP has done no exercise, some form of exercise routine might help him on his whole figure.
    Yes but most of his fat is around his stomach. The person was suggesting sit ups, ergo implying that this would get rid of the fat. Which it won't.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes but most of his fat is around his stomach. The person was suggesting sit ups, ergo implying that this would get rid of the fat. Which it won't.
    This:

(Original post by DDS)

The point I'm trying to make is that his stomach area is a bit flabby. He can do the relevant exercises to tone it a bit (hopefully) or he can do cardio at least to try and see if it works. A fitness trainer told me that cardio is a total workout routine, so perhaps he could try that.

I did some lower crunches before and it did tone my lower stomach area but I stopped it for awhile, which I regret, because 'someone' said that until I lose considerable body fat, then and only then would I see the abs. Strangely enough, even before my cutting period, I could already see some upper abs when I did my earlier crunches. But unfortunately for me, I've stopped doing the crunches and fell off the band wagon, so it's hard to gather the motivation to actually do it again. If and only if I actually listen to my body rather than what people say, perhaps I would make good progress by now - but we'll never know that do we? Maybe it's just pure luck suddenly I got to see progress or maybe my exercise routine is already good at that time. :dontknow:

Still playing with my food plan though.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)

Because the gains you're talking about come from an increase in muscle. Individual muscles can be trained. You cannot train away small areas of fat. To reduce fat on certain areas, overall levels of body fat must be reduced.
    (Original post by kka25)
    This:

The point I'm trying to make is that his stomach area is a bit flabby. He can do the relevant exercises to tone it a bit (hopefully) or he can do cardio at least to try and see if it works. A fitness trainer told me that cardio is a total workout routine, so perhaps he could try that.

I did some lower crunches before and it did tone my lower stomach area but I stopped it for awhile, which I regret, because 'someone' said that until I lose considerable body fat, then and only then would I see the abs. Strangely enough, even before my cutting period, I could already see some upper abs when I did my earlier crunches. But unfortunately for me, I've stopped doing the crunches and fell off the band wagon, so it's hard to gather the motivation to actually do it again. If and only if I actually listen to my body rather than what people say, perhaps I would make good progress by now - but we'll never know that do we? Maybe it's just pure luck suddenly I got to see progress or maybe my exercise routine is already good at that time. :dontknow:

Still playing with my food plan though.
    You're right when you say that doing some exercise will help the OP to achieve his aims, but he will not get better fat burning results doing situps than doing other, more effective forms of exercise such as running, swimming or weight training.

The reason why you could see abs from your crunches was probably because you already had a decently low bodyfat level and when you began to train abs they got bigger and showed through. This will not happen if you don't have relatively low bodyfat levels.

OP, I would suggest you take up some form of exercise, just for your overall health if anything. Find something you enjoy, then you will be more motivated to do it regularly and you should be able to shift those last few pounds of fat.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    The reason why you could see abs from your crunches was probably because you already had a decently low bodyfat level and when you began to train abs they got bigger and showed through. This will not happen if you don't have relatively low bodyfat levels.
    I don't consider my %BF that low really - but I might be wrong.

Pah, I just do cardio these days. Next week I'm going to try HIIT and see if that helps. Or I'm just going to up my speed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've been pretty fat for most of my childhood (around 30 BMI). About a year ago I started losing quite a bit of weight and am now a 'healthy' BMI. But I still look fat, right?

http://postimage.org/image/kgpkrry43/

http://postimage.org/image/602bd78mr/
    Do you feel you need to lose weight?

If yes then carry on.

IMO you need to start lifting. You look like me a couple of years ago. If you start lifting (properly) you will look better. Get yourself lean then put some mass on.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.