The Student Room Group

Got into medical school - but still sad :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnut
Just curious, what have you decided to do instead?

International Relations.
It's absolutely terrifying before you start but when you get in, meet new people and get settled at university you'll find it's just another course.
Reply 22
Original post by Cyanohydrin
International Relations.

woah that is completely different! I thought you were going to say something like a pure science subject. Fair enough though, hope you enjoy it :smile: It's good to see people actually do what they want to do.

During the application process I did have periods of doubts and when I received my first offer from keele, after the initial wave of disbelief, excitement and shock I guess I did feel a bit indifferent. I seem to switch between thoughts of "medicine being everything!" to "oh my god what am I letting myself in for?!" now and then.

For me, the most sensible thing to do is to just go! You'll only ever get one chance (really) to go to medical school so take it. If you've managed to get an offer, it's for a reason. Some (often bitter and rejected) people say admissions is just down to luck but it's really not; if you've got an offer you have obviously shown a strong desire and interest in the field. At the end of the day if 3 days, weeks or even years down the road you realise that it isn't really for you, you can always pull out and start afresh. Yes this might be an expensive decision but there is no point in wasting your life away doing something you dislike.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending