Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Games along the lines of Borderlands and/or Mass Effect?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the Mass Effect series and also really enjoyed Borderlands, which I finished recently.

Are there any games along the lines of either of those two that I am missing out on? suggestions appreciated.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dragon Age isn't too bad. It's quite story driven like Mass Effect
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Broaden yourself. There's more to video games than science fiction and shooters.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a JRPG version of Mass Effect. You could give that a try.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim and Fallout 3 - Forget New Vegas it's terrible! And dragon age is poor to say the least. I'm into the same sort of games so try the ones I said
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JnKnPt)
    Skyrim and Fallout 3 - Forget New Vegas it's terrible!
    Out of curiosity how can you like Fallout 3 but not New Vegas? It's basically exactly the same game...but bigger.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've played Fallout 3. Didn't try New Vegas because I heard it wasn't as good, but maybe I should.

Skyrim is what I am leaning towards at the moment.

(Original post by Olifromsolly)
    Broaden yourself. There's more to video games than science fiction and shooters.
    I do realize that. They are just games that I have particularly enjoyed recently - nothing wrong with that I presume? any suggestions that aren't either of those genres then?
    • 161 followers

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I played the demo for RAGE and thought it was quite similar to Borderlands, I bought the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    Out of curiosity how can you like Fallout 3 but not New Vegas? It's basically exactly the same game...but bigger.
    It didn't feel as nicely made as Fallout 3; different developer is obvious. You can't play the way you want like you can in 3; you are forced to dedicate all your points towards one skill because when you are in conversation in quests, and the option is given, more often than not you need to have one skill or special stat incredibly high just to tell someone 'No', otherwise you are forced to make a choice you don't want, and again sometimes you can't even do this! So it means you can't complete the quest! Fallout 3 on the other hand is so open; you can play how you want without been funnelled into one skill.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I played the demo for RAGE and thought it was quite similar to Borderlands, I bought the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet...
    It seems similar on the outside but really it's one of the most dull games I've ever played in my life, and I loved Borderlands.

If you like Mass Effect then perhaps Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
    I absolutely loved Borderlands and Mass Effect (I'd probably say Borderlands was one of my top 3 co-op games and Mass Effect one of my top 3 games full stop) so I can just give you some games I enjoy in general:

The Orange Box (half life 2 and portal mainly), Portal 2, The Witcher 2, Bioshock, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Saints Row The Third (this one surprised me to be honest; looks terribly goofy but when you play it you don't really care!)...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I bought RAGE for the PC but I haven't played it much. It's really, really buggy For me at least.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.