The Student Room Group

Where are you applying for 2013?

Is it too early to start thinking about this? LOL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kaaaaayleigh
Is it too early to start thinking about this? LOL

I don't think so :biggrin:

I started investigating 6, 7 weeks ago... so, slowly I am sorting out different criteria and coming to a conclusion...I guess I will probably go for gsa, dundee, gray's and eca...basically all the known scottish artschools...(I can't apply for a BA in england because the fees are so much higher and given that this would be my second degree I probably won't get any funding :frown:)...and you?
Reply 2
Original post by babsiloi
I don't think so :biggrin:

I started investigating 6, 7 weeks ago... so, slowly I am sorting out different criteria and coming to a conclusion...I guess I will probably go for gsa, dundee, gray's and eca...basically all the known scottish artschools...(I can't apply for a BA in england because the fees are so much higher and given that this would be my second degree I probably won't get any funding :frown:)...and you?

I've been looking for a while too, basically since I declined all of my offers for this year because I realised I wasn't ready yet!
I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet, though. I applied for languages but I've realised I want to apply for something more social. ("But what's more social than languages?!") I mean something people-based, if that makes sense :')
Two things,

It's NEVER too early.

And I feel all grown up now that I've finished my UCAS cycle.

Anyway I'm here for advice on where to apply and what not.
I've been looking for a while too, basically since I declined all of my offers for this year because I realised I wasn't ready yet!
I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet, though. I applied for languages but I've realised I want to apply for something more social. ("But what's more social than languages?!") I mean something people-based, if that makes sense :')

How about something with languages? Economics? Sociology? Politics?
Reply 5
I'm going for SOAS, Sussex, Kent, Sheffield and Nottingham :smile:
It wasn't hard to narrow down as very few universities offer my course LOL
Reply 6
I want to go to Glasgow or Aberdeen to do either Geography or Some sort of Science Degree...
Reply 7
Original post by emanuela15
I'm going for SOAS, Sussex, Kent, Sheffield and Nottingham :smile:
It wasn't hard to narrow down as very few universities offer my course LOL

What course you want to do?
Reply 8
Original post by lapples
What course you want to do?

Law w/ Chinese :smile:
Reply 9

so then what are you going to do this coming year? (besides preparing your applications :biggrin:)

and what does it exactly mean for you "people-based"? I did my first degree in social-and cultural anthropology and enjoyed it a lot and we had many professors who claimed that our field had somewhat "swallod up" the sociology, but I guess that would start another debate :wink:

anyway, I am happy to know that the 2013 thread started :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
How about something with languages? Economics? Sociology? Politics?

I've gone off languages now! I'm considering sociology/psychology or something like that. I declined my uni offers for French (it felt so good - I really wasn't ready to go to uni yet!) and I've decided to go to college for a year to prepare myself. I'm doing social sciences at college so I'll probably apply for something relating to that, depending on what aspect of it I like best! Psychology seems very interesting, though.
Reply 11
Original post by babsiloi
so then what are you going to do this coming year? (besides preparing your applications :biggrin:)

and what does it exactly mean for you "people-based"? I did my first degree in social-and cultural anthropology and enjoyed it a lot and we had many professors who claimed that our field had somewhat "swallod up" the sociology, but I guess that would start another debate :wink:

anyway, I am happy to know that the 2013 thread started :biggrin:

I decided to go to college for a year to prepare myself for uni since I reeeeeeeally don't feel ready yet.

I'm not sure, something like sociology or psychology perhaps, I don't know yet! I can't say I really know what anthropology is... I'll have a look so I don't appear TOO ignorant :wink: lol!
There are so many unis that I'm not entirely sure yet; I really need to get going to some open days. Considering that I'm applying after doing my A2s, I may just wait till my results. Still...it's so hard to decide which uni.
Reply 13
I'm applying to Glasgow Caledonian to study Multimedia Journalism! Anyone else...?
I'll apply for a Mechanical Engineering related course to five scottish Uni's, haven't decided which yet :smile: Definately RGU, Aberdeen and Heriot-Watt, not sure about the last two though!
Reply 15
I don't want to live away from home yet so I'm gonna apply for a mix of Psychology / Psychology and French courses at Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian :smile:

I don't feel like I should be applying for university in like 4 months! D: I feel like I'm growing up too quickly ;(
Reply 16
Original post by arnoob
I want to study IR/International Politics with German, if everything goes to plan and I don't have to re-sit my AS then I will look to apply at Aberystwyth, University of Leeds , Aston, Reading, Nottingham Trent. If I decide to do IR on its own I am looking at Keele , Oxford Brooks and a few others... Obviously this list is subject to change depending on my results.

Scottish Uni forum!
Original post by IAmCookie
I don't want to live away from home yet so I'm gonna apply for a mix of Psychology / Psychology and French courses at Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian :smile:

I don't feel like I should be applying for university in like 4 months! D: I feel like I'm growing up too quickly ;(

Oh how come?
Reply 18

Where did you get offers from? Also what is Fife like as a place, as I am considering St Andrews? Sorry for all the questions :biggrin:
Original post by AnnB
Scottish Uni forum!

Oh, damn it. Forgive me , should have paid attention :/

Quick Reply

Latest