The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The Doggfather
How is calling someone "white boy" racist?

I'm Indian and if someone called me "brown boy", I wouldn't be offended at all because it's true, my skin tone is brown

Congratulations if you don't find that offensive, but personally i would unless it was close friends engaging in 'ironic racism', which apparently is hot right now.
I don't see why he can't get them done for racial assault, as name calling is legally defined as assault while touching someone else can be legally defined as battery. I wouldn't be happy to be referred to by my race
Reply 22
An England flag, a billion red gems

Knew what was coming next...........
Reply 23
Original post by Zeffy
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-Royal-guard-goes-hero-zero-racist-assault/story-16052297-detail/story.html

Typical double standards. A pair of cocky "asians" racially abuse this white gentleman. He gives them a well-deserved hiding and loses his job for it!

Not only that, the biased, anti-white media get on his case and make the racist asians out to be the victim. It's beyond belief. I say well done to Mr Duffy for taking a stand against the racist Muslims.

Such a shame that a white man can be racially abused by Muslim invaders and get punished for it when he defends himself.

it quite clearly says he was racially abusive to them ... can you not read?
Reply 24
Original post by Zeffy
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-Royal-guard-goes-hero-zero-racist-assault/story-16052297-detail/story.html

Typical double standards. A pair of cocky "asians" racially abuse this white gentleman. He gives them a well-deserved hiding and loses his job for it!

Not only that, the biased, anti-white media get on his case and make the racist asians out to be the victim. It's beyond belief. I say well done to Mr Duffy for taking a stand against the racist Muslims.

Such a shame that a white man can be racially abused by Muslim invaders and get punished for it when he defends himself.

You ****ing absolute idiot....go back to the hole you crawled out from!
Reply 25
This is a joke, isn't it?

When Asians are caught committing crimes that are clearly racial in nature (i.e the gang case we saw this week) the media do all they can to downplay the racial element, when it's the other way around the white person is guilty *without question* of being racist.

I don't agree with bringing race into it (a crime is a crime regardless of motivation), but if we must can we at least be consistent?
Reply 26
Original post by Snagprophet
I don't see why he can't get them done for racial assault, as name calling is legally defined as assault while touching someone else can be legally defined as battery. I wouldn't be happy to be referred to by my race

The definition of assault was provided in the case of Collins v Wilcock: "An assault is an act which causes another person to apprehend the infliction of immediate, unlawful, force on his person"

I'm finding it difficult to see how the unproven acts of the asians fall within this definition. For it to amount to racial assault, this definition must be coupled with hostility towards members of a racial group. I'm not entirely sure where you got your definition of assult from, but one thing is clear. That is, you're not a law student, nor a lawyer.
Reply 27
Your life must be awesome.
Can't help but feel if this was the other way around (Asian man ending up assaulting two white lads that called him a "paki"), there'd be a lot more sympathy for the guy, something along the lines of "I don't condone what he did but I don't exactly blame him", or maybe it's just the way the OP posted the story, who knows.
Many white people think p**i is short for Pakistani but in all honesty, it never has been and is purely a derogatory term when used by white people innit

Umm, I'm pretty sure those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Like, ****** is short for negro, but that doesn't mean that ******'s not a racial slur.
I was going to give you a thumgs up, but then i read the article and decided that he should probably have minded his own business...
Original post by Callum828
Umm, I'm pretty sure those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Like, ****** is short for negro, but that doesn't mean that ******'s not a racial slur.

I'm Indian and they are definitely 100% mutually exclusive
Original post by Zeffy

you must of failed the edl intiation test.
I'm Indian and they are definitely 100% mutually exclusive

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying that it should be used as an abbreviation for Pakistani, but that's obviously where the word comes from.
Original post by 2ndClass
An England flag, a billion red gems

Knew what was coming next...........

I really wish racist people stopped using my national flag as an emblem.
join the dole you faggit we dont tolerate this stuff in a society anymore you pork pie eating scum.
Reply 36
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
you must of failed the edl intiation test.

Jesus wept.
I still fail to see how is racist on the part of the man, unless some moron said he wouldn't have beaten up white people who would call him 'white boy'. Great work Britain, that's another case which will be seen as anti-white racism not taken seriously.
Don't feed the troll please

troll0.jpg
Reply 39
Original post by Zeffy
*******s

Not all muslims are asian, and not all asians are muslim. how could you assume this?

ignorant, uneducated fool