The Student Room Group

Girls (and guys too) would you ever ignore a guy, if you liked him?

Okay so i'm 18 and there's this girl who keeps ignoring me. Me, her and my best friend used to always be really close, as we all had the same classes in the first year me and my friend met her, since then we were all really close.

I move classes so naturally we drift apart a bit and the bond between my best friend and her grow and they become even closer. Now whenever i try calling her and she misses the call she always calls my friend back and not me. For instance me and my friend were out and as we all hang out we both called her at near the same time to see if she'd come out with us. She didn't pick up both calls but only called back my friend.

Whenever i text her she replies for a while and then stops after around 3-4 texts, i used to think it was because she'd ran out of credit or her phone died etc but at the same time she'd be texting my best friend. Whenever she's board or anything she'd bombard my friend with texts but never text me, which is a little weird as all 3 of us hang out together it's like a trio freindship kinda thing.

She tells my friend about all the gossip and the ins and outs of all her relationships with guys talks with him about sex etc and never does with me. One time her and her bf broke up and my friend told me, i was talking to her the next day and just asked her "so hows things with your bf" knowing that they'd broken up and she just said "fine" like she couldn't even tell me?

The thing is from this it seems like she hates me but when i actually see her when we all meet up she's always putting my arm over her shoulder, saying comments like ahh your so tall (i'm 6'4") saying ahh if i was your gf i'd have to get on my tippy toes to kiss you, the way she said it put emphasis on the kiss me part aswell. Another time she told me jokingly how her friend keeps saying that she (being the girl who keeps ignoring me) likes me and that were going to end up together and how she just knows it etc. Whenever the 3 of us hang out it's fine but when it's just us two she gets all shy, i get shy aswell because i hven't really mastered the art of being friends with pretty girls. Whenever i call her we'd talk and she'd kinda be all shy and silent and then be like i'm getting in the bath or i'm going to cook and say i should call back later which i'd never do as convo's are always awkward as she's shy. She's generally a shy girl but with my friend she's fine and her self but with me she gets all shy. I dunno what do you guys think?
no i dont ignore guys if i like them in answer to your original question.

But in regards to your situation, she is certainly behaving odd! Talk about mixed signals and messing with your head! I really dont get why people do this its so annoying.

It sounds like she could like you, especially if you say shes shy. But if shes not shy then id put it down to her just being an annoying tease :frown:
Original post by pinkangelgirl
no i dont ignore guys if i like them in answer to your original question.

But in regards to your situation, she is certainly behaving odd! Talk about mixed signals and messing with your head! I really dont get why people do this its so annoying.

It sounds like she could like you, especially if you say shes shy. But if shes not shy then id put it down to her just being an annoying tease :frown:

Yeah she is shy, she's really pretty but hasn't really had a proper bf before the only one she's had is the one i mentioned before and that was only for like a couple months and wasn't serious, she's 19 and one of those catholic virginal goody goody girls, but she does have some curiosity about sex which i what she asks my friend and not me.

She does give me mixed signals, and knowing her i doubt she's the type to even play hard to get, like not replying deliberately to make me want her or something. I get the vibe that she's just shy around me, whenever were alone together without my friend as it so rare it really does get awkward, alot of awkward silences etc, i dunno the why i kinda find it awkward because when i talk to her as she's so shy and quiet but with my other friend she's herself.

Then it gets even more complicated because she does alot of UN-SHY stuff like putting my arm around her should and holding it there for like 5 mins while we were walking with my friend which was kind of odd. Whenever she see's me she always acts all giddy and happy (when it's all 3 of us) usually jumps into my arms for a hug but she also does that with my friend too but from that it'd seem like were close so for her to not reply or call etc is a little weird. I dunno it's a very weird situation.
Reply 3
No, I think she does like you (:
I know it's a pretty immature thing to do, and girly no doubt, but I'd just ask your friend to dig some dirt up on it. If she doesn't do those kind of things with your other friend then that's a difference between the two of you. I think the main thing is "If I was your girlfriend I'd have to stand on my tip toes to kiss you" that's pretty obvious in my opinion.

I'm the same age, and have a very close group of friends of mixed sexes though none of us would EVER get with each other, it's more like a brotherly-sisterly friendship, but the point is, we sit on each others laps, walk with our arms around each other and very occasionally talk about two of us ending up together. But kissing is a no-no, that'd just be weird. There's a fine line, and I think she's found it.

Don't take my word for law, but yeah, ask your friend to find out, or next time you're alone with her, just man up and ask her, you don't see her all that often anyway so if you do crash and burn (which I don't think you will) then it isn't the end of the world :smile:
Reply 4
I wouldn't ignore a guy, if I liked them I'd be looking for all the excuses I could have to talk to them!
maybe she is afraid of ruin the friendship between to you,,,or afraid of making mistakes...at least that's what i would be...
but i am a bit like her...when i like a guy i can't really behave normally and i am always kinda shy...so maybe you should take things in your hands and just get closer to her and see how she reacts...? carefully ofc
:wink:
hope that was helpful...
Reply 6
Dude i'm pretty sure she likes you, i think your mate is in the friendzone because it seems girls talk more openly about their relationships/sex lives with guys they see as friends rather than potential partners. Man up bro and ask her from the sounds of it shes flirting pretty heavily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending