The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Tiffin sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Blueray2
??? maths landmark?
Oh right, but you still got an A in the end, how'd you do it? Can I ask you a maths q, so you can explain it to me in a normal way, lots of people give real complex answers, which are confusing.

Landmarks are these pieces of work you do which get put on your progress review. They could be homework or a class test.
Like I said, Live maths saved my life :smile: I could try to explain it to you but honestly I've forgotten most of the Maths since it was such a dark time of my life :colone:
Reply 141
Haha it's really simple, why does dy/dx make the power go up or down as well?

lol I have no idea. :confused: I just did the Maths, I didn't care about how it works :tongue:
May as well throw this into the pot and liven things up, did everyone get what they wanted, did you get into Tiffin :smile:
Does anybody know when you are supposed to know if you get chosen from the reserve list or do they just not tell you if you don't!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by BertBricusse
May as well throw this into the pot and liven things up, did everyone get what they wanted, did you get into Tiffin :smile:

Just got a later saying I didn't get in this time and I'm still on reserve apparently!
Reply 145
Original post by acer0951
Just got a later saying I didn't get in this time and I'm still on reserve apparently!

why not try for another grammar school?

i don't go to tiffin i go to sutton grammar by the way :smile:
Reply 146
Yeah :smile: Did you?

lol they didn't do interviews this year :rofl:
What were they thinking?

no interviews?

so there were no places left? i'm in year 10 by the way :rolleyes:
Reply 147
No! They offered me a place, WITHOUT and interview. Shocking.

wow must have been the grades you achieved?

its very hard to gain entrance in 11+ but i didn't know it would be so easy to gain a place in sixth form.
Reply 148
No they were based on my Personal Statement and predicted grades :smile: It wasn't easy, the applicants are much better at sixth form.

i'm thinking of continuing sixth form at sutton grammar, i'm in year 10 at the moment, so what school did you choose in the end?
Reply 149
Tiffin :biggrin: It says that in my title :smile:
Tiffin is much better.

really, gcse wise, i think sutton grammar is better but sixth form wise i do agree tiffin is better
Reply 150
Tiffin :biggrin: It says that in my title :smile:
Tiffin is much better.

yeah your right, but not by much :smile:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/9482674/A-Level-results-2012-results-from-427-state-schools.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16729387

gcse wise quite a big difference :smile:
Haha to those going to tiffin - I guess I'll see you in general studies then!
(apparently it's really boring so I doubt I'll even be awake during those lessons)

Oh and I've been at TGS since year 7. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by acer0951

Damn it, there's still a little time left mate
Reply 153
hi i am looking at colleges now for entry next year... do you have any tips for entry in sixth form?

Thank You very much :smile:
Sorry i am a bit late on this forum, but just out of curiosity what are the average grades of a tiffin applicant
Original post by blueray
lol hahah :tongue: This was jokes.

Good grades and PS.
Sorry I am way late but what would u say the average GCSE grades of a tiffin sixth former is
Reply 156
Original post by Biggers98
Sorry i am a bit late on this forum, but just out of curiosity what are the average grades of a tiffin applicant

Pretty much all A/A*s with most being A*s. There might be a few Bs around if you're lucky :tongue:
Reply 157
Original post by Biggers98
Sorry I am way late but what would u say the average GCSE grades of a tiffin sixth former is

I was predicted 6A* 5As
I had an interview last year, went terrible.
I was put on a waiting list
Then they called and asked for my achieved results in August 5A* 4A and an A in AS German. I got rejected because other people on the waiting list had better achieved grades.

I go to a decent sixth form in Hounslow now. I have a friend from tiffin at my current school and she likes it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 344302
I was predicted 6A* 5As
I had an interview last year, went terrible.
I was put on a waiting list
Then they called and asked for my achieved results in August 5A* 4A and an A in AS German. I got rejected because other people on the waiting list had better achieved grades.

I go to a decent sixth form in Hounslow now. I have a friend from tiffin at my current school and she likes it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that scares me, i'm predicted around 5A*'s and 6A's so that's super scary but i've seen people who have got in with worse grades than that though on the forums
Original post by myyrh
Pretty much all A/A*s with most being A*s. There might be a few Bs around if you're lucky :tongue:

I'm predicted around 5A*'s would that leave me with good chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending