The Student Room Group

Are They Any Mature Students Here? Students Over 28?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm 27 and about to finish HNC media production this month. I'll be 28 when I start uni in September. I'll be studying contemporary media practise at Westminster :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 61
I'm off to University of Cumbria - Lancaster to study diagnostic radiography at age 33.
I'd originally wanted to go to Carlisle so I could commute, but after being put on the waiting list I've been offered Lancaster.

It will be my second time at Uni, but I think this will be very different to my younger days.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
I'll be starting a computing degree in September at the age of 34 - it's 15 years since I had any kind of formal education :s-smilie: No idea what I've let myself in for.
I'm 30 and hope to be starting costume construction/interpretation in September.

I've only just applied though and there's only a couple of places left on my two choices so it could go either way but I'm living in hope, feverishly getting my portfolio sorted out!
Reply 64
I'm 29 - starting Access to Chemistry and Biological Science in August, at which point I'll be 30. Eep!
I'm 40 and I will be starting a Graduate Entry Medicine degree at Newcastle in September. So excited!
I'm 31 And Will Be Doing A Degree In Biomedical Science In September.
I So Wait!
I'm 30 and will be starting a building surveying degree at nottingham trent in october :-D
Reply 68
I'm 42 and starting Psychology at Lincoln in September. Doing the Access to HE course was the scariest thing I ever did, but I can't wait to get to uni now! :smile:
Reply 69
People on this thread, I like :smile:
I'm 31, and I'll be at QMUL as a film student. I'm going back for a third degree.
Reply 71
Hi

42 and doing History!
Original post by lb70
Hi

42 and doing History!

Ooh where?

Reply 73
Manchester Met
Reply 74
Hi , I'm 39 and going to Salford doing environmental studies :smile:

Reply 75
Over 40. MPhil History at Cambridge.
Reply 76
I'm feeling slightly better about being 30 and starting HND Technical Theatre at Swansea Met in September.

I've got a bad feeling I'll be the crustiest person on the entire course.
Original post by KCLeblanc
I'm feeling slightly better about being 30 and starting HND Technical Theatre at Swansea Met in September.

I've got a bad feeling I'll be the crustiest person on the entire course.

Don't worry about that, I started an HND two years ago (finances got on top of me at the time, hence why I'm now trying to go back in a better position) and I was in the mid range of ages, we had a few school leavers all the way up to a retired lady, it was really nice and we all integrated really well within class and on trips.

I'm still waiting for replies from my two unis, spending every day jumping every time I get a new email and checking UCAS every 5 minutes, it's killing me!
Reply 78
Im 45 and just finished a BTEC in Applied Science, going on to do a BTEC Level 3 Animal Managment Course in September
29, just finished Access to Computing and going to MMU in September to do Computing.

Quick Reply

Latest