The Student Room Group

Are They Any Mature Students Here? Students Over 28?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
42. Doing Photography in Sept. Just got to decide where :confused:
Reply 81
50 hoping to do ODP !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 82
I'm 30 and will be going to MMU to do Adult Nursing in september:-) Can't wait!
Reply 83
Original post by FelineCostumier
I'm still waiting for replies from my two unis, spending every day jumping every time I get a new email and checking UCAS every 5 minutes, it's killing me!

It is hideous the way they just send you an email saying something has changed on your UCAS account without saying what. You just end up having to drop everything and log into UCAS.
Original post by KCLeblanc
It is hideous the way they just send you an email saying something has changed on your UCAS account without saying what. You just end up having to drop everything and log into UCAS.

I don't know if my pain is better or worse, I'm waiting to hear directly from the unis as I'll need to go in for interviews and a portfolio review. If I get a UCAS email I'll know it's game over.

I was supposed to hear "early next week" which is this week and end of Tuesday, not a word. I might die of heart failure due to the stress of waiting!

Meanwhile I'm unemployed and not sure if I should be applying for summer temps/term-time part-time jobs or full-time permanent. I feel like I'm sort of in purgatory............
Reply 85
Original post by FelineCostumier
I don't know if my pain is better or worse, I'm waiting to hear directly from the unis as I'll need to go in for interviews and a portfolio review. If I get a UCAS email I'll know it's game over.

I was supposed to hear "early next week" which is this week and end of Tuesday, not a word. I might die of heart failure due to the stress of waiting!

Meanwhile I'm unemployed and not sure if I should be applying for summer temps/term-time part-time jobs or full-time permanent. I feel like I'm sort of in purgatory............

I know I'm obsessed with checking my UCAS. Like you, if I get an update, it's game over for this year :-(

Reply 86
Im 27 and will be starting at Nottingham Trent in September to study Building Surveying
Reply 87
Hi, yes i will be studying applied computing & multimedia tech at grimsby university centre in september!! im leaving work after 17 years in the same job.. gulp !!! its a bit scary, considering i will be 46 when i start.

:smile:
At last! News! Wimbledon asked me to submit an online portfolio on Friday and they confirmed receipt, just waiting to hear back.

This afternoon I received an email asking me to an interview at CSSD next week. So happy, that's my first choice. Cutting it fine though, 2 days before decisions have to be made and submitted to UCAS.

So hoping one of them gives me an offer :redface:
Reply 89
Well done FelineCostumier!

Original post by select the right name
I'm 40 and I will be starting a Graduate Entry Medicine degree at Newcastle in September. So excited!

Original post by Soft Cat
Not 28 yet (26 actually) but just finished a Bachelor's with the OU, hoping to do a Master's in the US this October and fingers crossed Graduate-Entry Medicine in 2013.

My first post on TSR! It's great to see other older medics and fellow mature students here following our passions! I'm 40+ and about to start my second year of medicine!

All the best of luck to us all!

Reply 90
I'm 29 next month,starting a law degree at York Uni.It will be my 2nd degree.Studied sociology in another life.

Reply 91
Original post by tofumedic
Well done FelineCostumier!

My first post on TSR! It's great to see other older medics and fellow mature students here following our passions! I'm 40+ and about to start my second year of medicine!

All the best of luck to us all!

Awesome, where do you study?
I got in :biggrin:

So happy, I start on October 8th and apparently my course is youngster heavy, I think I'm going to be the oldest. Not in the least bit bothered though, just thrilled to be going at all!
Original post by karlos125
Hi, yes i will be studying applied computing & multimedia tech at grimsby university centre in september!! im leaving work after 17 years in the same job.. gulp !!! its a bit scary, considering i will be 46 when i start.

I hear that I'm leaving my career as a librarian to travel overseas and start all over again . Very very very very scary. Good luck to you.
Reply 94
Yes 53 :tongue: starting BA (Honours ) Philosophy and Psychology in Oct :biggrin:
Think I am the oldest here so far :wink:
Reply 95
30 and have 2 more years left on a Health and Social Care degree. looking at nursing, criminology or maths after that
Reply 96
Hi
I'm 31 and hoping to be starting a BSc Computing Sciences degree at the UEA in September. I have been given a conditional offer to achieve a C in my Maths GCSE.
Yes, 47, started Economics, Politics and International Relations at Oxford Brookes in January, :-)
I was 31 when I started studying for a degree in 2005, and I am now graduating with a second degree in November. I studied both degrees part-time cos I have been working full-time for the NHS for 10 years now and have a wife and child to support.

Original post by hyginusoiwuh
I was 31 when I started studying for a degree in 2005, and I am now graduating with a second degree in November. I studied both degrees part-time cos I have been working full-time for the NHS for 10 years now and have a wife and child to support.

How did you find it? I'll be 32 and 2 day when I start this September. I want to be quite involved in student life but I know I have a more mature look on life and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way towards them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending