Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents trying to make me gain weight?

Announcements Posted on

Hey

When I was 15/16 I really enjoyed contact sports (Rugby, Boxing mainly) and weight lifting (I'm male). Was quite muscular, in fact very muscular and strong for my age, probably since (genetically maybe) I have always been able to put muscle on easily. I honestly don't know and can't remember how big I was. For some reason, started to become more paranoid and self conscious onto how I looked and eventually I lost confidence rapidly. I began to shed muscle and in general lost weight, by simply running marathon style for ages and not doing any high intensity workouts for about 3 years. I'm now about 36 inch chest, 28 inch waist, and 10.9 stone (and 5 foot 11, but height increase might make the effects looks larger). I was much less bulkier (Much much less) and I feel better in how I look and definitely more confident. But family are telling me that I'm wasting, and that I don't eat right, which I do, just not as much as I used to in order to have the energy for the high intensity workouts that I did. I get comments from my friends and girlfriend all the time about it now. I know its a problem, but I don't seem to want to do anything about it. I'm not particularly bothered about it, since I enjoy my 45 minute runs 3/4 times a week, but I just don't want to upset my family and other loved ones, since they're worried for me. Is there anyway I can tone up without having to increase in size? I'm not bothered if there isn't, I think I just need a bit of my strength back without risking what my willpower has worked for.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has your weight changed rapidly recently to prompt the concern? You sound on the slim side but that isnt always a bad thing if you are comfortable. No idea what tone up without increasing size means, you are composed of muscle and bodyfat, either of which can be increased or decreased. Why not start some weightlifting again, if just to revive a hobby you previouslyt enjoyed?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.