The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheInformer
If she'd said she's busy and didn't offer a new time to meet up I'd agree. Although she suggested meeting up another time - keep things going and try to meet up with her then, if she flakes then move on.

she keeps claiming that she can't afford it and is waiting to get paid so i just said 'whatever' then she replied saying how if she really didn't wanna meet up she would say so blah blah blah.

So yeah im ignoring her now and am moving on.
Original post by After7
she keeps claiming that she can't afford it and is waiting to get paid so i just said 'whatever' then she replied saying how if she really didn't wanna meet up she would say so blah blah blah.

So yeah im ignoring her now and am moving on.

That's what I'd do. If she flakes and makes excuses more than once, unless I think they really are legit then I would just move on to the next one.

Too many people seem to waste time by getting hung up on one girl who most likely isn't even interested. It's no loss, if she's not interested then there is not a great deal you can do, just move on.
Reply 62
It takes a lot for me to start the conversation, so if they don't reply then I won't bother trying again. If this girl has used all her courage and you don't reply, then you're probably just going to put her confidence down and she probably will feel more disheartened the next time you talk. Alternatively, if you don't reply and she keeps bombarding you with texts then she is probably a little desperate and might be used to it. If you really like her, then reply. If you're not too bothered, then don't.
Reply 63
Bro, no need to ignore just be friendly and cool she's probably really into you, I'd only ignore a girl if she is trying to play games with me with slow replies, mixed signals. In that case if you ignore her she'll be more attracted to you because you can be sought after and seen as higher value in their minds compared to 97% of guys who will just respond quickly. But it really depends on the girl and the situation, but with her no problem text back she seems cool and not flaky/playing with you! 😬
Original post by After7
Ive been talking to this girl for like 2 weeks now but she texts me good morning everyday and attempts to make small talk random like asking how are you etc. I'm pretty sure thats a quick trip to the friendzone and replying makes you look needy sometimes so I'm gonna ignore her texts for the next few days.

Do you think its true that if you make yourself less accessible it increases attraction?

If you like her you should just ask her by text if she wants to go on a date then you will know if she is friend zoning you
You don't need to text her back good morning every morning though
You've been talking for 2 weeks but haven't met up yet, arrange a time to meet instead of all this texting
I met this bloke last year, after one date I left it a few days before telling him I'd rather be friends so he said he's fine with that and we kept in contact by text.
Everytime I ask if he wants to meet up as friends or with my other friends he says he's working or busy but he will text how are you? Then a few short words after that then I'll text, but then he goes quiet for a few days or 1 week then texts how are you? Then he goes quiet again then the same pattern. It's weird. He doesn't speak much English but he can text stuff by looking it up in English but he's boring so I decided to stop texting back when he keeps texting how are you?
I left it a few months then when he text same thing again I asked if he wants to meet up Saturday 27 May he text back tomorrow I party sorry
I didn't bother to reply back and neither did he but when he doesn't text for a few days I just get bored of it, it does not increase my attraction to him it just makes me consider never contacting him again
I'm going to give it one last try right now just to see if he comes with another excuse so I'll text if he wants to go out tomorrow for bank holiday
Reply 65
Talk to her but not too much- trust girls dont like it when u air them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never ignore a girl's text! It's the worst thing you could do, this sort of thing isn't a game, if you're not interested in her, don't drag her along with you and if you are reply (I'm not saying as soon as she sends a text but at least every few hours). I recently just broke something off with a guy because he would talk to me and then just go silent for a few days before I'd have to text asking what's wrong, this happened four times until I had had enough, girls don't find it attractive when you don't reply, we don't like being messed around because believe it or not, we are humans, not prizes to be won.
Original post by Anonymous
Never ignore a girl's text! It's the worst thing you could do, this sort of thing isn't a game, if you're not interested in her, don't drag her along with you and if you are reply (I'm not saying as soon as she sends a text but at least every few hours). I recently just broke something off with a guy because he would talk to me and then just go silent for a few days before I'd have to text asking what's wrong, this happened four times until I had had enough, girls don't find it attractive when you don't reply, we don't like being messed around because believe it or not, we are humans, not prizes to be won.

This is five years old!!!!!
Why dig it up now, it's not that interesting!
Original post by Sammylou40
This is five years old!!!!!
Why dig it up now, it's not that interesting!

Mate, chill, it was trending and other people had been replying, I had no idea it was 5 years old, calm yourself
Really dude? She’s trying to get to know you. Grab some balls and either engage with her or tell her you like her if you want things to go further. Ignore a girl and she’ll chase you, ignore a woman and she’ll REPLACE you. Duh....
Reply 70
Find out what kind of girl she is first. Is she a good girl or attention seeker/or wants to date and sex? The latter type you don't need to put too much effort in them. When they text you, try to arrange a meeting. You are looking to find out more about her too. You will know if she wants to date
this thread is nine years old, if she's still on read you should respond to her now incase she gets the wrong idea