Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hate Filled Christians

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you all heard about those at Westboro Church. I've seen some crazy stuff in my day, I even get on denominations who state their denomination before they state who they are in Christ, and that denominations means absolutely nothing. Yet I absolutely condemn messages like the one this church preaches. I literally seethe with anger at their message. They painstakingly have no idea what they are preaching. Here is a clip about the garbage they spew out.....

If Jesus Himself walked through their doors, they would condemn Him to the lowest spot in Hell. Truthfully, it's this same spirit that wanted to crucify Jesus. So if any of you wondered what the pharisees, sadducees, and the high priest in Jesus day looked like, just take a look at Westboro Church. (They are probably worst, because even religious leaders back then wouldn't have condemn their own soldiers to death)

So my question is, how do "Christians" miss God's message this much? Man, if the first astronauts to the moon had as bad as aim as Westboro's aim for God's message, they would be leaving our solar system right about now. Do they have a different Bible or something? Or do they turn a blind eye for why God sent Jesus into the world? Jesus said the Father didn't send Him into the world to condemn it, but that through Him it might be saved.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that the Westboro Church is a pussy cat religion. They are overtly extreme, but since the world knows them I think that they don't take them seriously. Now, you look at the Catholic Church. There's a power to be reckoned with. Just look at the damage that institution has done. Secretive, powerful, very profitable, and bags of influence. It's been going for more than a thousand years. If the Westboro has condemned a few soldiers, that's nothing compared to a Church which has condemned (and still does in subtle ways) the whole of the world. A very clever, cunning and sublime hatred.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, it didn't work out too well for Hypatia.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WBC: God Hates FAGS.

Me: Phew, I'm not a fag.

WBC: God also hates YOU

Me: **** sake.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I like this church tbh

they actually read the bible and take it as it's written

it's like he said "anyone who doesnt believe god hates fags hasn't read the bible", because it clearly does say it in the bible

all the other christians just choose to ignore the bits they don't like which I just find stupid

this church reminds us the true nature of the bible and how silly it is

and how silly it will always be regardless of how much the religious leaders try to explain away the silly parts or change it as time goes on lol

it's kind of like the jihadist muslims, theyre the ones who actually take quran literally and dont just ignore all the parts about using violence
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)
    I like this church tbh

they actually read the bible and take it as it's written

it's like he said "anyone who doesnt believe god hates fags hasn't read the bible", because it clearly does say it in the bible

all the other christians just choose to ignore the bits they don't like which I just find stupid

this church reminds us the true nature of the bible and how silly it is

and how silly it will always be regardless of how much the religious leaders try to explain away the silly parts or change it as time goes on lol

it's kind of like the jihadist muslims, theyre the ones who actually take quran literally and dont just ignore all the parts about using violence
    Wrong, the Bible doesn't say God hates homosexuals. It says homosexuality is an abomination. (The act) It also says lying is an abomination. Jesus said whoever hates his brother is in danger of judgment. (Oops there goes the whole Westboro Baptist Church, Kerplop!) So the message is, all of humanity is off the original mark God created us with. We were created perfect, we fell from that, and are in danger of God's judgment. God sent Jesus into the world, to save us from the judgment. That is God's message to us, to give us a new nature. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals and their desires in themselves, there is everything wrong with human nature. The very fact we lie, shows we are evil.

This church doesn't preach Jesus. They preach hate, saying that God hates the world. When Jesus said God so loved the world. I have no doubt they would condemn Jesus if He walked in their church. I also fear that in the day of judgment, they will be those who say to Jesus, "Didn't we do all these wonderful things in Your name." Jesus will then tell them, "Depart from Me, I never knew you."
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    God loves everyone but hates sin.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okashira)
    Wrong, the Bible doesn't say God hates homosexuals. It says homosexuality is an abomination. (The act) It also says lying is an abomination. Jesus said whoever hates his brother is in danger of judgment. (Oops there goes the whole Westboro Baptist Church, Kerplop!) So the message is, all of humanity is off the original mark God created us with. We were created perfect, we fell from that, and are in danger of God's judgment. God sent Jesus into the world, to save us from the judgment. That is God's message to us, to give us a new nature. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals and their desires in themselves, there is everything wrong human nature. The very fact we lie, shows we are evil.

This church doesn't preach Jesus. They preach hate, saying that God hates the world. When Jesus said God so loved the world. I have no doubt they would condemn Jesus if He walked in their church. I also fear that in the day of judgment, they will be those who say to Jesus, "Didn't we do all these wonderful things in Your name." Jesus will then tell them, "Depart from Me, I never know you."
    Judging by your post I believe you are very intelligent and obviously a great person but... oh wait that was a lie

Have you ever seen that bad Ricky Gervais movie about a world where no one can lie? I am reminded of it when you say lying is evil lol

so many things that are just basic human&animal nature, desire to mate, killing, stealing, lying etc, we are born this way and you say we will be punished for it lol and other religions say you won't or some even say you will be punished for not killing, heck even old testament says things like "stone him to death if he doesnt go to church" lol
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okashira)
    Wrong, the Bible doesn't say God hates homosexuals. It says homosexuality is an abomination. (The act) It also says lying is an abomination. Jesus said whoever hates his brother is in danger of judgment. (Oops there goes the whole Westboro Baptist Church, Kerplop!) So the message is, all of humanity is off the original mark God created us with. We were created perfect, we fell from that, and are in danger of God's judgment. God sent Jesus into the world, to save us from the judgment. That is God's message to us, to give us a new nature. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals and their desires in themselves, there is everything wrong with human nature. The very fact we lie, shows we are evil.

This church doesn't preach Jesus. They preach hate, saying that God hates the world. When Jesus said God so loved the world. I have no doubt they would condemn Jesus if He walked in their church. I also fear that in the day of judgment, they will be those who say to Jesus, "Didn't we do all these wonderful things in Your name." Jesus will then tell them, "Depart from Me, I never knew you."
    The Westboro people are more 'Yahweh is a jealous God' than 'God so loved the world'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)
    Judging by your post I believe you are very intelligent and obviously a great person but... oh wait that was a lie

Have you ever seen that bad Ricky Gervais movie about a world where no one can lie? I am reminded of it when you say lying is evil lol

so many things that are just basic human&animal nature, desire to mate, killing, stealing, lying etc, we are born this way and you say we will be punished for it lol and other religions say you won't or some even say you will be punished for not killing, heck even old testament says things like "stone him to death if he doesnt go to church" lol
    If God (if He exists) created us this way, then I agree with you in that there was nothing to punish. Yet if He created us with a perfect nature, then we have to answer to Him for our fallen state.

(Original post by Martyn*)
    The Westboro people are more 'Yahweh is a jealous God' than 'God so loved the world'.
    They don't even get the OT right. God said He gets no pleaure in seeing the death of the wicked, hoping they would turn from their ways. Westboro thanks God for dead soldiers, the death of Heath Ledger, and various diseases. When Job was suffering immensly, Job's friends accused him of committing some terrible sin. Ultimately, God told Job's friends that they spoke wrongly concerning Him. Even with the Law, God was still merciful to the children of Israel. Coming to their aid time and time again, showing them His abundance in mercy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.