Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

previous study

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been told SAAS will provide a loan/bursary for me doing a degree. This even though I got funding for a HNC in 2007 I pulled out of.

Is it correct SAAS will fund my full degree?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SFE will fund you for the length of your course, plus a year and minus any previous years of study. So if you were only funded for one year of a course, they will be able to now fund your full degree!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It seems the answer might be that yes, you will get funding. SAAS has slightly different rules to funding and previous study, but from what I can see on their website, if it was only one year of previous study you should be fully funded. Although, as it was previously a HNC you attended, that might make things complicated.

I really don't know much about SAAS so it's best to check with them.

http://www.saas.gov.uk/faqs_special_circumstances.htm

I have already done all or part of a higher education course. Can I still apply for support?

We will not normally pay tuition fees, the Bursary or the Additional Loan if you have previously been on a full-time higher education course at HNC, HND, degree or equivalent level, and had help from public funds to do so. However you can still apply for the student loan and any supplementary grants that may apply to you.

We appreciate that it is difficult to know if you have made the right choice of course. On one occasion only we allow what we call a 'false start'. If you do no more than one year of an HND, degree or equivalent level course and do not progress into the second year, we will ignore the support we gave you for this year and give you the full support package again to start another HND, degree or equivalent level course. A false start is not available for an HNC or similar level course.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 12, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.