The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Fallowfield, University of Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mugs_Maloney
Thanks for your help but I was meaning more like what shall I put under 'Please indicate what is most important to you when considering a hall of residence?' - campus? (If I want Richmond or Sheavyn). Ta!

It literally is just a case of asking what's most important to you - so if, for instance, you couldn't stand the thought of catered food, then you could put that down. They'll only use it if they can't fit you into any of your three choices.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Adam C
How come you've been out of school for 2 years? I've been out for one, and that's because I took a gap yar by mistake :colondollar: I'm sort of glad I did though, it's been nice to relax a bit and I've had chance to do a lot of reading.

Took one intentional gap year in which I retook a few exams, but missed my offer and was deferred a year. Was really glad for the first gap year but kind of wasted this one, and sick of being on my own all the time now. Everyone doing exams and having deadlines at the moment just makes me miss it education more! Miss complaining about being busy.
Original post by Origami Bullets
It literally is just a case of asking what's most important to you - so if, for instance, you couldn't stand the thought of catered food, then you could put that down. They'll only use it if they can't fit you into any of your three choices.

But, from my personal experience, they'll completely ignore everything you put on the form and stick you somewhere you really don't want to be.

And also, Victoria Park halls are mostly a 10-15 minute walk away, depending on how fast you walk. I think it's just Slems and Canterbury that are an extra 5-10 mins away.
Reply 23
Original post by Adam C
That's what I've done. I've got my fingers crossed. I put Richmond as my third choice, which I hear is difficult to get so I'm more likely to get my other choices. That was my thinking anyway.

Haha so odd, I also applied to Oak House as my first and second choice. I have a unconditional too, and Richmond Park is my third. I really want to get Oak House, I think we should get out choices seeing as we get told out accommodation choices in July and everyone else who has a conditional is told in August. Good luck and hope you get it. x
Original post by Zareena
Haha so odd, I also applied to Oak House as my first and second choice. I have a unconditional too, and Richmond Park is my third. I really want to get Oak House, I think we should get out choices seeing as we get told out accommodation choices in July and everyone else who has a conditional is told in August. Good luck and hope you get it. x

Exact same with me! Going to go crazy when I get the email with the accommodation offer, I swear!
Reply 25
Original post by Zareena

Small world! What are you going to be studying? I suppose I might see you and takethyfacehence this September :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest