Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First Year Uni Project

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year computer science student and decided to try out a bit gaming for my project, far from complete but finally starting to look like a game. Any suggestions?

Had to replicate pang and make my own improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2At3MuS94U
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    That looks pretty good. Looking quite polished already. You thinking about going into the games industry when you graduate?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually, I've got a placement opportunity setup for the NCC (world's biggest ethical hacking company) thanks to knowing a few people who work there so I'm pursuing that. Just trying to get a broad variety of stuff from my degree.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattywebber)
    I'm not actually, I've got a placement opportunity setup for the NCC (world's biggest ethical hacking company) thanks to knowing a few people who work there so I'm pursuing that. Just trying to get a broad variety of stuff from my degree.
    Damn shame.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks really good. I just completed my first year in a Games Programming degree and I don't think I could make something like that very easily

What programming language did you use?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks cool.
    Suggestions:
    Maybe have different colour balloons that break up into different amounts of smaller balls + special coloured ball that speeds up every ball it touches?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice. As a gameplay extension, you could add power-ups. As a technical extension, you could add collision detection between the balls and conservation of momentum.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.