The Student Room Group

2012: The year the SQA went nice?

Remember they turned evil last year?

I've had 2 exams so far and they've both been pretty fair.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have not had any yet, Higher English is my first

Hoping maths will be fair, most of my 5th year higher maths class was made up of resitting 6th year.

What subjects have you sat?
Highe economics and accounts. Still to come higher english and advanced Maths.
Reply 3

Doing Gatsby?
Got my first next Thursday (higher English) but talking to the modern studies and economic students, it does seem to be somewhat chilled this year.
Personally, I'm just terrified that they're waiting to crack out the hard stuff on physics and maths this year.
Reply 5
Original post by mintaddiction
Got my first next Thursday (higher English) but talking to the modern studies and economic students, it does seem to be somewhat chilled this year.
Personally, I'm just terrified that they're waiting to crack out the hard stuff on physics and maths this year.

Higher Physics? Doing some retro ones right now ( past papers)
Reply 6
Personally I'm scared they may put up the boundaries

Are we not the test subjects for the last question in higher English this year?
Original post by Direct15

Doing Gatsby?

Nah Catcher. I haven't even read it lol

I don't think they ever exceed 70-60-50
Reply 9
Cough maths cough
Reply 10
I've only sat higher geography so far and I thought it was a pretty easy paper compared to other past papers! :smile:. Hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the exams!!
Reply 11

Yeah we are- which is reallly annoying because none of the past papers have the right question at the end for us :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Last year was a b*tch... hoping this is ringing true for AH chem, maths, phys!
Reply 13
I hope so haha. I haven't sat any of mine yet. My first one is higher chemistry on monday, brickin it! I hope maths is okay cause I want to do Adv. Higher next year. Good luck to everybody! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Last year, I think every level of the Maths papers were considered to be pretty nasty (SG right up to AH), as were a lot of the other subjects.

Although, the difficulty of AH Physics doesn't seem to change much (unless you look at pre-2007 papers, ouch), let's hope they stick with this consistency of being consistent.....

But for every other subject (in my case: Chemistry, Physics and Graphics), let's hope they're nice to us.....

Good luck with the rest of your exams guys! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by RyJ
Last year, I think every level of the Maths papers were considered to be pretty nasty (SG right up to AH), as were a lot of the other subjects.

Although, the difficulty of AH Physics doesn't seem to change much (unless you look at pre-2007 papers, ouch), let's hope they stick with this consistency of being consistent.....

But for every other subject (in my case: Chemistry, Physics and Graphics), let's hope they're nice to us.....

Good luck with the rest of your exams guys! :biggrin:

True about maths especially sg, I remember the head of maths complain higher pupils couldn't do some of it.

My teacher let us see the credit sg this year and I went dam! Can't do box plots embarrassing
Reply 16
True about maths especially sg, I remember the head of maths complain higher pupils couldn't do some of it.

My teacher let us see the credit sg this year and I went dam! Can't do box plots embarrassing

Oh I know, was meant to be terrible, but I think they lowered the boundaries a bit...
Let's just hope they're as fair with everything else this year as they have been with the exams that have been done so far :smile:
Reply 17
I hate the fact we used P&N prelim papers, in maths we where told the sqa does not endorse them as they are too hard, mind that I only got one question wrong in P&N 2003 (maths)
Reply 18
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
Original post by RyJ
Oh I know, was meant to be terrible, but I think they lowered the boundaries a bit...
Let's just hope they're as fair with everything else this year as they have been with the exams that have been done so far :smile:

by god be kind with maths
Reply 19
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]

by god be kind with maths

I think they will be, some of higher was quite dodgy last year...

Quick Reply