The Student Room Group

French AQA AS level - 25th May

Who will be taking this exam 25th May ? And does anyone have any good tips/A level phrases, I wanted to start revising early...

Scroll to see replies

me, i am going to try and learn the vocab from the book and try to create some phrases i can use in the writing, when I get around to it it might post some on here soon.

what do you think is going to come up in the writing section ???

i'm thinking something from la famille et les relations...
but im not sure what came up in Jan 2012 :confused:
Use mot a mot, if you haven't got it already. Seriously saves lives.
Reply 3
Original post by kahinalouise
me, i am going to try and learn the vocab from the book and try to create some phrases i can use in the writing, when I get around to it it might post some on here soon.

what do you think is going to come up in the writing section ???

i'm thinking something from la famille et les relations...
but im not sure what came up in Jan 2012 :confused:

I'm going to only revise 6 sub topics ... 1 or 2 of them should come up in the essay section ??
Original post by YellowAndBlack
I'm going to only revise 6 sub topics ... 1 or 2 of them should come up in the essay section ??

that is a good idea , they usually have one question from 3 out of the 4 main topics, so you should be covered .

only a week left :biggrin:
Reply 5
that is a good idea , they usually have one question from 3 out of the 4 main topics, so you should be covered .

only a week left :biggrin:

SOOOO scared! Any tips ??
The topics that came up in January 2012 for the essays were healthy eating, job equality for men and women, fashion and teenagers and passive activities!

Does anyone have any good tips for translation or gap fill? Really struggling with them!
Reply 7
quizlet is an amazing resource for vocab learning. i made all the vocab across all the topics into flash cards on there.
Feel free to use as you want

681 useful verbs:
http://quizlet.com/12103715/french-681-verbs-flash-cards/

All the vocab from the exam board:
http://quizlet.com/group/185772/

Hope this helps
Reply 8
Original post by *laurenlouise
The topics that came up in January 2012 for the essays were healthy eating, job equality for men and women, fashion and teenagers and passive activities!

Does anyone have any good tips for translation or gap fill? Really struggling with them!

I don't remember doing anything about gender equality in French:eek:
Sorry, I just realised I'm doing a different exam board to AQA! :P
Original post by rac1
I don't remember doing anything about gender equality in French:eek:

What came in January?
Reply 11
I'm just worried about the writing section...

Reading and listening is pretty much the same as the GCSE
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ketchup!
I'm just worried about the writing section...

Reading and listening is pretty much the same as the GCSE

yep same and I agree, at least it will give us more time for the writing, I'm going to do some past paper writing questions and give them to my French teacher to marks so at least i will have an idea of how much to write and in what detail.

SOOOO scared! Any tips ??

similar to what i said above, practice not just on past questions but topics that haven't come up, and practice planning out answers so you will know that you can make quite a few points.

How many words / pages do think we should write for 35 marks ??????
Reply 13
yep same and I agree, at least it will give us more time for the writing, I'm going to do some past paper writing questions and give them to my French teacher to marks so at least i will have an idea of how much to write and in what detail.

similar to what i said above, practice not just on past questions but topics that haven't come up, and practice planning out answers so you will know that you can make quite a few points.

How many words / pages do think we should write for 35 marks ??????

As long as you stay on topic, about 300 words (a page and a bit ish) should be enough. "Content" marks are the trickiest, make sure you dont stray from the question as anything irrelevant wont be taken into account for marking, and could count against you in the content marks.
Original post by Tim Kelly
As long as you stay on topic, about 300 words (a page and a bit ish) should be enough. "Content" marks are the trickiest, make sure you dont stray from the question as anything irrelevant wont be taken into account for marking, and could count against you in the content marks.

thanks so much :smile: , it made me feel better about writing now, yep i agree thats why i think a plan is helpful
What came up in January ??

some else on here might know but I am going to get the paper from my French teacher on Monday :colondollar:
some else on here might know but I am going to get the paper from my French teacher on Monday :colondollar:

Oh can you tell me ? And do you think you could send it to me? Scan or something - Much thanks :smile:
Reply 18

There was a question asking about the advantages and disadvantages of publicity! And something about healthy eating, and fashion. But can't remember their titles :frown:
Reply 19
Hey guys, what topics or possible questions do you think will come up?

I think maybe a technology one on the use of mobile phones perhaps and maybe even anorexia and the pressure the media put on young people to be attractive?

Mot a Mot is a LIFESAVER!!!

I am learning all vocab from the book, useful essay phrases (compiled a list), reading through past essays I have written, doing essays on questions that haven't previously come up and going through each sub topic and noting fors and againsts, general phrases on the content etc etc.

Also just general essay plans - sometimes it isn't necessary to write out a complete essay, the ideas are probably the hardest thing to come up with - not the french!!

Bonne Chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending