Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birthday ideas?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey

So it's my boyfriends 21st birthday soon and we are going on holiday for it. (He knows about this) but I dont know what to do whilst we are over there to make the day special so was wondering if anyone has any ideas?
    He won't be getting his presents until the day we return home so I don't want him to feel like his 21st was boring or anything!

Then theres the additional problem of WHAT to get him for when he returns.

I am probably on a budget of £200 - £300 pounds.
    Would I be better to get him lots of less expensive gifts or something big?

Grateful for ANY help

Thanks
    xxxxxxxxxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going on holiday? You could make him a picnic on the beach with some champagne, or go out for a really fancy meal or something. As for presents I think it would be a cool idea to get a box and fill it with stuff you know he loves...his favourite chocolate etc, a picture of you two together, just loads of little things.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow your budget is massive!
    Why don't you bring the presents with you?
    Yeah I agree about going out for a nice meal or getting some champagne on his actual birthday, as predictable as that may be it's always fun
    Here are some present ideas:
    - Funny T shirt/ T shirt of a band he likes
    - Tickets to see theatre/comedy/band/festival he likes
    - One of those experience days, like hot air balloon trip or flying a helicopter/fast car
    - Photo collage/book/calendar of you guys together
    - Brewing kit (to make beer)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Handcuffs and whipped cream.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could imbarrise him by getting the steward to say happy birthday to him if you are flying... or if you are on a coach even better (it's free) hehe
    uhm if you two like heights there are those hight places where you climb things and stuff :/
    i duno ones above are better though... but please think about my first suggestion, had it done to me and it is so cringie but looking back sooo funny lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Some big as hell CAKE! Cake within a cake within a cake. Some strippers would be a bonus
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Men aren't hard to buy for, so just have a casual night out (cinema, pub, club) when you get back -so I would allot the least amount for that. For the holiday spend about 1/3 of what's left over on the last night as it should be something special and the other 2/3 on the remainder of the holiday.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsman13)
    Some big as hell CAKE! Cake within a cake within a cake. Some strippers would be a bonus
    Cake within a cake within a cake? Inception cake...:K:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senator88)
    Where are you going on holiday? You could make him a picnic on the beach with some champagne, or go out for a really fancy meal or something. As for presents I think it would be a cool idea to get a box and fill it with stuff you know he loves...his favourite chocolate etc, a picture of you two together, just loads of little things.
    Thankyou! Love this idea, something simple but shows a lot of thought the picnic on the beach sounds amazing too xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meow444)
    Wow your budget is massive!
    Why don't you bring the presents with you?
    Yeah I agree about going out for a nice meal or getting some champagne on his actual birthday, as predictable as that may be it's always fun
    Here are some present ideas:
    - Funny T shirt/ T shirt of a band he likes
    - Tickets to see theatre/comedy/band/festival he likes
    - One of those experience days, like hot air balloon trip or flying a helicopter/fast car
    - Photo collage/book/calendar of you guys together
    - Brewing kit (to make beer)
    I just thought if I took the presents id have to wrap them whilst I'm there and then it's also less room for holiday stuff lol also something extra for him to look forward to when he gets home. Though I feel a bit tight cause everyone loves presents on their actual birthday!

Those ideas are good too though, I made him a book of stuff about us for valentines day so don't think I could get away with that again cute idea though xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaross)
    Handcuffs and whipped cream.
    Too ordinary for us!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starienight)
    You could imbarrise him by getting the steward to say happy birthday to him if you are flying... or if you are on a coach even better (it's free) hehe
    uhm if you two like heights there are those hight places where you climb things and stuff :/
    i duno ones above are better though... but please think about my first suggestion, had it done to me and it is so cringie but looking back sooo funny lol
    That's a good idea! How do I go about that, just ask an air hostess? That would get him back for the times he embarrassed me on my birthday ha xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have some sex on the beach. The cocktail obviously... :sexface:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.