Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can you prove to me that God exists?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok I have always been a non believer, but I'd like someone to convert me by proving to me that God exists, and that the Bible (In fact if anyone can come forward and prove to me and any of their gods exist because there are SO many of them and the believers think their religion is right and all others are wrong) is correct.

Id like someone to show me an experiment which can be done inside a lab that proves God exists, that god created the world and everything, that they created heaven and hell (if you could show me heaven and hell then ill believe it exists)

Also, was the bible changed throughout the years? How do we know someone could have just wrote a small lie and everyone believed it?

If you are going to reply please dont quote anything from your book. Id like scientific evidence that can prove he exists, or write down an experiment showing he does. Thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You mean you want to detect God using one of your 5 senses? I don't think God would appear inside a ****ty science lab
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not this again.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please go through 434 pages of this and try to figure it out for yourself.

:yawn:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrwhatwhat)
    Id like someone to show me an experiment which can be done inside a lab that proves God exists.
    Take some potassium hydroxide and add it to concentrated sulfuric acid in a conical flask.

BAM.

Please pm me for details about joining my religion. Our lord welcomes all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well you dont need a lab experiment or anything of that sort to prove god exists. the most simple and easiest way to see it is to look at the world around you, everything in nature: plants, people, animals, tiny little things you hardly ever realise even exist. science certainly explains how these things come to happen, but we are unable to make them happen. we can grow organs, clone animals and genetically modify plants, but we can't even create a simple fly, let alone bring it to life.

as for the bible, there are several versions of it. but there is a book that is only available in one single version, throughout the whole world, and that is the quran. believe me you will never find two different copies of the quran, even if it is translated into another language.

and for all of you who are against muslims and islam, Allah means God in arabic and islam means submition, which we do to Allah. and we believe in one and only god who has no son. jesus was his messenger just like abraham and noah and mohammed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You cant prove it- Hence why it's called FAITH

*Sigh*
    Back to revision :getmecoat:

Wow some people don't like basic definitions...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's called faith for a reason.

(Original post by RadioHawk)

*Sigh*
    Back to revision :getcoat:
    Woah, that was freaky.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you the cool kid on the block. Seriously guys. This isn't original, nor intelligent so can people just look through all the archives of this topic and save us all the aggravation and smarmy comments. Your Atheist friend... Welsh Insomniac.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    obviously it's not possible but you can disprove God by observing statistics.

A significant proportion of the Muslim population are born into a faith, God clearly has a bias towards these people, giving them a clear advantage in avoiding the 'Hell'. God is therefore a not a perfect being as is being taught. The same logic can apply to many other faiths.

This is grossly oversimplified and I could go into a lot more detail but you can immediately see what I'm saying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiercingGlint".)
    You mean you want to detect God using one of your 5 senses? I don't think God would appear inside a ****ty science lab
    I would not take his/her post too seriously. He/she knows that God cannot be proven. They're basically saying that there is no reason whatsoever to believe in a God, because there is no evidence for it; in the same way we do not believe in Santa Clause because there is no evidence to prove something so improbable, we should not believe in a God just because science hasn't yet answered the final question. As Bill Maher put it: "faith is the purposeful suspension of critical thought." It is considered a virtue to believe something just because you want to, rather than having any logical, grounded reasons for it.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't prove that He exists.
    Can you prove to me that He doesn't?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    It's called faith for a reason.

Woah, that was freaky.
    Great minds and all that...
    And basic definitions
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMurdo)
    I would not take his/her post too seriously. He/she knows that God cannot be proven. They're basically saying that there is no reason whatsoever to believe in a God, because there is no evidence for it; in the same way we do not believe in Santa Clause because there is no evidence to prove something so improbable, we should not believe in a God just because science hasn't yet answered the final question. As Bill Maher put it: "faith is the purposeful suspension of critical thought." It is considered a virtue to believe something just because you want to, rather than having any logical, grounded reasons for it.
    I totally agree. And as Jimmy Carr said , "We've all got imaginary friends, i've just grown out of mine". Yes, as a child, i believed in santa, but thats only because my parents told me he existed, as I was clearly too young to think for myself.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioHawk)

*Sigh*
    Back to revision :getmecoat:
    Exactly, but that's not a point in religion's favour, is it? It essentially translates to: "I believe it because it feels right. Evidence? Pfft, go away, nerd. Why don't I believe in vampires as well, then? Because that's just madness!"
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I can't prove that He exists.
    Can you prove to me that He doesn't?
    The burden of proof* is on you. We are not the ones making extraordinary claims.

*It's worth pointing out that proof is the wrong word to use, in both cases. No one can prove anything. It's all up to evidence. Unfortunately, theists lack the necessary amount to make the case for God anything worth considering.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    obviously it's not possible but you can disprove God by observing statistics.

A significant proportion of the Muslim population are born into a faith, God clearly has a bias towards these people, giving them a clear advantage in avoiding the 'Hell'. God is therefore a not a perfect being as is being taught. The same logic can apply to many other faiths.

This is grossly oversimplified and I could go into a lot more detail but you can immediately see what I'm saying.
    You can never disprove god...for if he does exist, he may forever be in hiding. But the evidence clearly points towards him not existing and that its highly improbable that he does exist. Also, which god made what? the muslim god or the christian god? Which one is right? What about the greek gods? etc. etc. I just wish more people would learn from richard dawkins
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMurdo)
    Exactly, but that's not a point in religion's favour, is it? It essentially translates to: "I believe it because it feels right. Evidence? Pfft, go away, nerd. Why don't I believe in vampires as well, then? Because that's just madness!"
    AWH DUDE VAMPIRES IZ TOTES REAL INNIT
    IT SEZ SO IN TWILITE MY FAVE BUK EVA XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

(For the record i've thought religion is BS since i was about 7ish)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrwhatwhat)
    I totally agree. And as Jimmy Carr said , "We've all got imaginary friends, i've just grown out of mine". Yes, as a child, i believed in santa, but thats only because my parents told me he existed, as I was clearly too young to think for myself.
    I also find it sad that we tiptoe around religious people in the same way we tiptoe around children at night when putting presents in their Christmas stockings. Breaking the illusion is considered offensive, rather than just a part of GROWING UP.
Updated: May 12, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.